Bring your projects to life with the standard in desktop 3D printing. Meet the new standard in desktop 3D printing, engineered with the professional designer in mind. The MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer has a resolution capability of 100 micorns (0.10mm), a massive 410 cubic inch build volume, and a sturdy steel frame. It’s the most affordable tool for making amazing, true-to-life objects quickly and easily. We’ve set a new standard with our work, for you to set a new standard with yours
Explore the frontiers of 3D printing with a full-featured desktop 3D printer and experimental dual extrusion. The MakerBot Replciator 2X Experimental 3D printer is a full-featured desktop 3D printer for daredevils and experimenters to explore the frontiers of 3D printing. Equipped with two extruders and optimized for the traditional thermoplastic. ABS filament, the MakerBot Replicator 2X is prepared for future developments in 3D printing. Designed for Daredevils and 3D printing experts.
A fast and easy way to create 3D models. Quickly turn the things in your world into 3D models that you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print. With just two clicks, the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner’s easy to use, yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. We’ve optimized the whole process to work seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers, but you get standard design files to use on the 3D printer of your choice. You don’t need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started, and it all happens in just minutes.
Four new gem-toned colors that let your inspiration shine right through!
MakerBot ABS Filament is good for detailed prints and can be used in conjunction with MakerBot Dissolvable Filament. The dissolvable filament acts as solid infill material.
MakerBot ABS Filament adheres well to kapton tape on heated build plate.
The dissolvable material easily dissolves in limonene bath in just 8-24 hours (depending on size and geometry of print).
MakerBot PLA Filament is the best, safest, and most consistent filament for the MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer.
MakerBot PLA Filament is a renewable bioplastic made from corn. All its dyes are FDA-approved as food safe and it’s guaranteed to have no heavy metals, phthalates, or BPA.
If you’re new to 3D printing, MakerBot PLA Filament is a good material to start with because it’s easy to use and performs well on most prints.
More flexible than MakerBot® PLA Filament, MakerBot Flexible Filament creates new opportunities to stretch the limits of 3D printing.
You can modify your prints by carefully heating them in hot water until they become translucent. The time this takes will depend on the density of the print. You can then reshape and mold them.
The ideal software to drive your MakerBot® Replicator® Desktop 3D Printer.
MakerBot MakerWare is a free and powerful tool that works in tandem with your favorite 3D design software.
LATEST VERSION: 2.4.0
Yes. But performance-engineered over thousands of hours to provide you with the best quality and most reliable 3D printing experience.
The simple yet powerful interface lets you easily move, rotate, and scale your 3D models. Printing is made easy, but control is still in your hands.
A powerful algorithm slices your digital ﬁle into very thin layers to prepare it for 3D printing. Experts can dig deeper into options and settings.
Three Ways to Make – Find the way that suits you best. Or use all three.
- Download It: Explore Thingiverse.com to ﬁnd thousands of designs others have shared, and that you can make too!
- Scan It: The MakerBot® Digitizer™ Desktop 3D Scanner quickly turns the things in your world into 3D models you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print.
- Design It: If you have 3D design skills, use your favorite modeling program to create something brand new.
Rapidly Prototype With Three Basic Resolutions (with advanced options for power users too)
- Low – 0.3 mm Layer Height
- Standard – 0.2 mm Layer Height
- High – 0.1 mm Layer Height
Print How You Like – Two ways to move print files from computer to MakerBot 3D Printer.
- SD Card: As easy as copying a file to a flash drive.
- USB: Directly connect computer to printer.
MultiScan Technology Enhances Your Scans
New MakerBot MultiScan Technology vastly expands the capabilities of the MakerBot Digitizer. MultiScan allows you to scan objects from multiple angles so that you can make higher quality models than ever before. Now, you can capture the top, bottom, and hidden parts of objects simply by changing the orientation of the object you’re scanning. Stay tuned for our next Digitizer Education blog for a complete rundown of this game-changing capability.
With MakerWare 2.4, we’re introducing a lighting acclimation feature that lessens the impact of strong overhead light on your scans. We’ve also upgraded our Extrusion Guards to improve stability, and implemented filament fan modulation to prevent filament clogging in the MakerBot Replicator 2.
Here is the full feature list:
1. Added MultiScan Technology to MakerWare for Digitizer
2. Added lighting acclimation which reduces halos from overhead lighting at the beginning of a scan, resulting in higher quality 3D models
3. Added performance tracking to MakerWare
4. Implemented new filament fan modulation on the MakerBot Replicator 2 to reduce PLA and Flexible Filament stringing
5. Added ability to combine overlapping object meshes
6. Created a more stable Extrusion Guard pattern
7. Bug fix for temperature settings in the Make dialog only getting applied to the preheat temperature
8. Bug fix for MakerWare crashing when custom profiles are created on 32-bit Windows systems