Accurate Fluid Flow Prediction
Unique, inherently transient Lattice Boltzmann-based physics allows SIMULIA’s PowerFLOW to perform simulations that accurately predict real-world conditions. Using the PowerFLOW suite, engineers evaluate product performance early in the design process prior to any prototype being built—when the impact of change is most significant for design and budgets. PowerFLOW imports fully complex model geometry and accurately and efficiently performs aerodynamic, aeroacoustic, and thermal management simulations.
High-fidelity CFD solution
- High-fidelity, transient Lattice Boltzmann based solution, accurate across most flow regimes (laminar to transonic) to solve the most complex CFD design problems.
Sophisticated physical modeling
- Utilize moving geometries and local reference frames (LRF), particle modeling, heat exchanger modeling, porous media with flow, thermal and acoustic effects; realistic wind for on-road turbulent wind conditions to simulate real world effects.
No volume & boundary layer meshing
- Automated domain discretization and turbulence modeling with wall treatment eliminates the need for manual volume meshing and boundary layer meshing.
Automated pre & post processing
- Use standardized Application Templates to automate pre & post processing for common applications and customize for specific engineering environments.
Highly parallelized & scalable solution
- Confidently run PowerFLOW simulations using large number of compute cores on common high-performance computing (HPC) platforms.
A Wealth of Information on PowerFLOW
Solid Solutions for Transportation
PowerFLOW accurately simulates fluid flow design problems for numerous transportation industry sectors including: Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Off-Highway, Train, Motorsport, Motorcycle, Military Vehicle, Bus, Aerospace and others.
SIMULIA offers validated application solutions and best practice methodology for:
Aerodynamic efficiency; vehicle handling; soiling and water management; panel deformation; driving dynamics
Greenhouse wind noise; underbody wind noise; gap/seal noise; mirror, whistle and tonal noise; sunroof and window buffeting; pass-by/community noise; cooling fan noise
Cooling airflow; thermal protection; brake cooling; drive cycle simulation; key-off and soak; electronics and battery cooling; RoA/intake ports
Cabin comfort; HVAC unit & distribution system performance; HVAC system and fan noise; defrost and demist
Drivetrain cooling; exhaust systems; cooling jacket; engine block
SOILING AND WATER MANAGEMENT:
A pillar overflow, dirt and dust accumulation, tire spray
The Right Solution Now, Your Trusted Partner Always
Engineering Your Advantage
Anyone can process a software sale. That is not what we do.
We know that the successful implementation of a CAE solution requires careful engineering all its own: What are the challenges that must be overcome? Which are the tools that meet or exceed the needs? How do we make the most of the resources available? What are the concrete steps we take to execute on this vision? One cannot answer these questions without first doing the work to understand both your business and the CAE industry — that is what Computer Aided Technology does.
Our team of advanced simulation engineers have worked for decades as consulting CAE engineers, we maintain deep and lasting relationships with software developers, and we have tackled dozens of unique client experiences. No one is more prepared to engineer your competitive advantage than CATI.Contact Us