Strip components can be used to represent patterned features along the progressing direction with the spacing equal to the progression pitch, like pilots and lifters. A strip component feature will be attached with a sketch to represent the size and shape of this strip component.
- RMB on the Strip Components icon in the strip layout feature tree, select Insert Strip Components.
- Select the highlighted face as the fixed face and click OK.
- Select a predefined sketch as the Component Sketch.
- Enter 9 for this illustration as the Number of Instance, enter station 1 as the Start Position.
- If there is any instance that you want to skip, select the sketch display on station 3 as the Instance to Skip.
- Check the PRL File option to activate menu.
- Select the PRL template Pilot-01.
- Click OK to create the strip component feature.
- Create or switch to punch design assembly.
- Click Create UDC on the 3DQuickPress PRL toolbar.
- Select the sketch symbol of strip component 2.
- Click OK to create the pilot component pattern with the 2nd instance skipped
Ronnie C. Flaugh