Benefits of the MetraSCAN 3D Optical Coordinate Measuring Machines
Technology is very fascinating to me. We make great strides on a day to day basis, and in a blink of the eye, everything you knew is already outdated or obsolete. Optical scanners are no different. The big players have been bringing more and more to the table, and it’s very hard to decide what you need. The most important things to keep in mind are how big of a part do I need to scan? How accurate does it need to be? How accurate could I live with? How long will it take to capture all my data? What do I want to do with the data?
This post will focus on the MetraSCAN family of 3D Scanners.
The MetraSCAN may be a good fit for you if:
- The part you want to scan is quite large (up to several hundred cubic feet)
- You require the most accurate output for your inspection reports (.0025″ for 320 cubic feet on the MetraSCAN 750 Elite)
- You have highly polished or black surfaces (no longer need to dust your parts!)
- Your main goal quality control or inspection (automatic report creation)
- You need to speed up your current inspection process
I wanted to focus a little bit on how fast the Creaform Scanners capture data. The MetraSCAN for example, captures 480,000 measurements a second (think about that for a moment). Creaform is certainly faster than any other manufacturer of optical scanners. The software is also easy to learn and even easier to use. It feels like 3D CAD. Once you learn the commands and entities (features) required to get you where you need to go, you’ll be up and running in no time. Does this sound interesting to you? Would you like to see a live demo? Contact us here for a demo Demo Request
For more information on the MetraSCAN Optical CMM visit us here.