GrabCAD Print version 1.17, April 2018
Build number 22.214.171.124209 released on 12 April 2018
- Connex3 Systems (including the Objet260, Objet350, and Objet500) will be supported soon, and you can join our public beta test right now! Additionally, please install the latest embedded software update available for download now. No need to sign an official beta agreement, just head here for the download links and full instructions.
- Tray estimation for PolyJet trays will now show a real progress bar.
- Color and texture profiles will revert to default as you change the tray materials for PolyJet pritners, to prevent users from accidentally leaving the profiles on one that isn’t recommended.
GrabCAD Print version 1.18, May 2018
Build number 126.96.36.199241 released on 10 May 2018
- A few enhancements for PolyJet users, including:
- New copy-and-paste feature for print settings.
- Progress bars for tray validation, estimation, and queueing.
- Improved slicer stability for printing duplicate heavy STLs.
- Agilus materials can now be printed with SUP706B support material. Please only use this combination if you have received the new support formula (also known as 706B).
- The GrabCAD Print add-in for SOLIDWORKS is now supported in SOLIDWORKS 2018. After you update to GrabCAD Print 1.18, modify your installation in the Control Panel to install the add-in.
- Modeler and Material Configuration Updates
- Stratasys F900 System – Added the new Stratasys F900 system type. The Stratasys F900 is the replacement to the Fortus 900mc system including an upgraded moisture control system and general enhancements to the overall system.
- Nylon 12 CF model material – Added Nylon 12 CF as a model material available on the new Stratasys F900 system. FDM Nylon 12 CF contains chopped carbon fibers that produce high strength and stiffness to weight ratio parts for demanding requirements within functional prototyping and tooling applications.
- Fortus 900mc and ASA model material – Added the 0.005 inch (0.1270 mm) slice option for ASA model material with SR30 and SR35 support material for the Fortus 900mc modeler.
- Fortus 900mc and SR-110 support material – Added SR-110 as an available support material paired with PC-ABS model material. SR-110 is the recommended support material to use with PC-ABS model material.
- Locked CMB workflow – Added a new workflow for Stratasys F900 and Fortus 900mc to lock a CMB to enable repeated part builds without the ability to introduce change. A locked CMB restricts the CMB to a specific version of the embedded system software and prevents part packing in Control Center and disables manual part placement on the system. CMB locking is performed using the FDM Control Center application.
- Antero 800NA model material – Added Antero 800NA model material paired with SUP8000B support material for the Stratasys 450mc. Antero 800NA is a PEKK based copolymer specifically formulated for Stratasys FDM process to produce high strength and superior chemical resistance for demanding requirements within manufacturing, tooling, and prototyping.
- SR35 support material – Added SR35 as a new support material for ABS-M30, ABS-M30i, ABS-ESD7, and ASA model materials on the Fortus 400mc. SR35 is an alternative to SR30 and offers improved dissolution time and longer bath life. SR35 was also added as a support material for ABS-M30 and ASA model materials on the Fortus 360mc.
- Stratasys F370 part quality – Made numerous changes to improve part quality on Stratasys F370 printers:
- F123 ABS 0.007 inch (0.1778 mm) slice height – Updated the support parameters to improve part quality of downward facing part features.
- F123 ASA 0.010 inch (0.2540 mm) slice height – Improved overall part quality and density for this material and slice configuration.
- ULTEM 9085 on Fortus 450mc – Improved the quality of the part first layer by restricting the number of base top layers to one when using the support style “Supports extended for base”.
- Multiple linked contours – When using 4 or more contours with the linked contour option enabled the build order of the interior contours was reversed to improve the strength of the bond between the outer two contours and the interior contours. The interior contours now start closest to the exterior and progress towards the interior of the part.
- Fixed a case of overlapping contour and raster toolpaths for a specific part geometry that was processed using multiple contours.
- Anchor column improvement – Fixed a problem of part material anchor columns missing in the top layer of the base when using the support style “Supports extended for base”.
- Self-supporting diamond shaped holes – Improved the creation of Smart supports to limit or prevent supports from filling the interior of diamond shaped self-supporting holes in vertical part walls.
- FDM Control Center
- Locked CMB workflow – Added a new workflow for Stratasys F900 and Fortus 900mc to lock a CMB to enable repeated part builds without the ability to introduce change. A locked CMB restricts the CMB to a specific version of the embedded system software and prevents part packing in Control Center and disables manual part placement on the system. Reference the FDM Control Center help files for more information.
- Fixed a case of overlapping contours in a very thin region of a specific part.
- Improved the quality of the base top layer to improve the quality of the part bottom using PC model material and SR-100 support material on the Fortus 360mc and Fortus 400mc systems.
- Fixed a case of very small support tops created below small part features where the support structure underneath the support top was missing.
- General Insight Features
- Fixed a software crash that can occur after loading a saved job and then performing a slicing operation.
Field Service Engineer
Computer Aided Technology, Inc