Abaqus 2020 is Now Available!
If you’re a current Abaqus customer, you can now grab the new 2020 release at software.3ds.com! For more detailed instructions on downloading and installing Abaqus, see this blog post.
Here’s a short overview of what’s new:
- Abaqus/Standard now provides a capability to model solid-state phase transformation that can be used to simulate metals-based additive manufacturing and heat treatment processes.
- Abaqus/Explicit now provides non-quadratic yield surfaces for plasticity based on the criteria proposed by Barlat.
- Coupled temperature-displacement cohesive elements are now available in Abaqus/Standard.
- Accuracy of the linear elastic fatigue crack growth procedure in Abaqus/Standard has been significantly improved.
- The interference fit capability that previously existed in Abaqus/Standard is now also available in Abaqus/Explicit.
- The small sliding contact formulation which was previously available for contact pairs in Abaqus/Standard is now available with general contact in Abaqus/Standard.
- Thermal expansion of rigid bodies, kinematic couplings, and BEAM MPC’s is now supported.
- General contact property assignments such as friction can now be defined in terms of the underlying material assignments.
- Abaqus/CAE can now directly import Solidworks .sldpart and .sldasm files without need for a 3rd party translator.
- Nodes and elements on dependent part instances can now be renumbered at the assembly level in Abaqus/CAE
- Abaqus/CAE now supports evaluation of the hyperfoam material model.
- Cells within a partitioned solid part can now be independently color coded
- Model instances (subassemblies) can now be used with linear and radial patterns.
- A new constraint-preconditioner enables use of the iterative solver for large model that include features such as hybrid elements, distributing couplings, and hard contact.
- Abaqus/Explicit now provides options to delete elements based on distortion and time increment size. Optionally, instead of deleting element, Abaqus/Explicit can switch to a linear kinematic formulation.
- A new Eulerian-Lagrangian contact formulation provides more accurate and robust contact enforcement.
- Abaqus/Explicit now offers a hybrid thread/MPI parallel processing capability that provides improved scaling and reduces memory requirements on modern multi-core HPC architectures.
For the complete Abaqus 2020 release notes, follow the steps outlined here in our Support & Tools section.