DriveWorks Solo has achieved SW Gold Partner Status
DriveWorks has just announce that DriveWorks Solo is now officially a Certified Gold Product. I found this rather surprising because I assumed it already was –DriveWorks Pro has been a gold product since 2002. Turns out each new product needs its own certification.
When looking to buy a partner product, its certification status should be part of your decision making process.
Here is SolidWorks’ definition of a gold product:
Beyond demonstrating success in the SOLIDWORKS market, Certified Gold applications present a seamless and familiar environment to the SOLIDWORKS user. Certified Gold Products:
Run on the same operating systems as SOLIDWORKS software, and have the same Windows® desktop application for ease of administration
- Use and support SOLIDWORKS documents and terminology
- Utilize SOLIDWORKS graphics display and selection
- Provide edit definition capability
- Use SOLIDWORKS style UI and Help, including tutorials, etc.
Gold Product Certification requires an ongoing partnership with Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp to:
- Keep up with and ensure compliance with new SOLIDWORKS functionality
- Test Gold Products with new SOLIDWORKS releases builds and make timely corrections to any ‘bugs’ or glitches
- Stay current with SOLIDWORKS operating system requirements