SOLIDWORKS 2013 Product Information Released Today
SOLIDWORKS announced the official release of SOLIDWORKS 2013.
SOLIDWORKS 2013 includes over 200 new features and enhancements covering the entire range of SOLIDWORKS solutions for 3D design, simulation, technical communication, product data management, and sustainable design to maximize your productivity.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS 2013 at the CATI Design Innovation.
SOLIDWORKS 2013 Highlights:
- SolidWorks Costing – Allows customers to automatically cost more types of parts, create more accurate quotations, and stay in budget with improved cost data and new APIs.
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability – Quickly compares the financial impact of raw materials and the environmental impact of a design decision during the development process due to new raw material impact tools.
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation – Takes the complexity out of flow designs by allowing users to visualize fluid flow around multifaceted geometries and more easily compare analysis results between multiple design configurations.
- Conics in Sketcher – Full control over shapes for smooth transitions between existing geometries.
- Intersect Feature – Quickly add or remove geometry without sketching.
- Varying Dimension Patterns – Allows users to save time creating patterns, increase design flexibility, and reduce the number of features needed for models.
- Section View Assist – Speed the creation of production drawings for faster and more consistent section views.
- CAD Administrator Dashboard – Simplify management and troubleshooting of multiple SOLIDWORKS users within a company from a single aggregated view.
- Simulation Sub-Modeling and Incremental Meshing – More accurately perform precise simulation analysis for specific areas of large and complex models faster and more efficiently.
- Network Rendering for PhotoView 360 – Save time with faster rendering of photorealistic images by networking multiple computers to share the computational load.
- Previous Release Interoperability – Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and internal teams with the ability to open SOLIDWORKS 2013 files directly with SOLIDWORKS 2012 (SP5). Users can work more efficiently and improve collaboration and file exchange, reducing delays and easing the transition to the latest release.
- SOLIDWORKS Enterprise Product Data Management Workflow – Route documents and contact users more efficiently to reduce delays and accelerate time-to-market.
- DraftSight/SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM Integration – Access DWG files within SOLIDWORKS EPM from the DraftSight user interface, and leverage 2D into the design process.
- eDrawings – users can measure, select and markup designs from anywhere using a mobile device
Computer Aided Technology, Inc.