The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Sustainability (CSWA-Sustainability) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your understanding of the principles of environmental assessment and sustainable design.
Employers can be confident that an individual with this certification understands the principles of environmental assessment and sustainable design.
The CSWA-Sustainability Exam features theory-based questions in many of these areas:
- Introductory concepts of sustainability and sustainable business
- Broad sustainable design concepts, such as Design for Disassembly (DfD), Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), and Biomimicry
- The stages of a product life cycle
- Considerations for properly setting up an Environmental Assessment study, such as environmental indicators, scope of the assessment, and metrics to use
- Goal and Scope variables for an Environmental Assessment study, such as system boundary and functional unit
- Common tools for performing Environmental Assessments, such as Product Scorecards and Life Cycle Assessment
- Basic steps for performing a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study
- Interpreting the results of a product Environmental Assessment
- Universal strategies for sustainable design
- Proper communication of environmental assessment results and use of environmental marketing claims (green marketing)
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the of the CSWA-Sustainability exam. Also, a CSWA-Sustainability exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
Recommended Self-Paced Training:
Thoroughly review the Sustainable Design Guide at www.solidworks.com/sustainable-design
Exam Length: 60 minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 80%
Note: The interactive use of SOLIDWORKS is not necessary for this exam since this is not a hands-on test. But you must be familiar with the principles of SOLIDWORKS Electrical from at least SOLIDWORKS 2015 for this exam.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and a personal listing on the CSWA directory* when they pass.
Other Associate Level Exams:
- CSWA – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate)
- CSWA – Electrical (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate – Electrical)
- CSWA – Simulation (Certified Simulation Associate – Simulation)
- CSWA – Additive Manufacturing (Certified Additive Manufacturing Associate)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.