What is SOLIDWORKS Product Designer?
For organizations that want the ease of use of SOLIDWORKS® software in their design tool coupled with the advantage of the cloud for data management and team collaboration, SOLIDWORKS Product Designer delivers. Scale as your business grows using the full power of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
SOLIDWORKS Product Designer Features
- Smart AssembliesProduct Designer delivers a new innovative assembly methodology, where components put into an assembly “learn” how they are positioned and referenced. This means that the next time the component is used it knows how to be positioned in the new assembly.
- Sheet Metal DesignAccelerate sheet metal component design by designing in the bent and/or flattened state. Automatically create flat patterns for manufacturing with bend compensation.
- Manufacturing DocumentationQuickly create 2D drawings and communicate how your design has to be manufactured. Whenever a change occurs in your 3D model, all drawing views are automatically updated. Using these 2D CAD capabilities really accelerate your product development process by significantly reducing design to manufacturing time, while decreasing costs and increasing productivity.
- Mechanism Design with Motion and KinematicsEvaluate how your product will move during operation. From preliminary motion design with sketches to a comprehensive motion and kinematics verification with realistic 3D components, you will be able to optimize the best solution throughout the design process.
- Data ManagementSave, manage, version, and branch/merge your designs securely in the cloud. Share only what you want and control what other team members can do with design data.
- Project ManagementTake control of your product development process by creating collaborative tasks, assigning and linking them to the components. Manage tasks and monitor progress of execution through a project management dashboard.
- Social CollaborationProduct Designer gives you unique ways to ensure successful collaboration within the ecosystem—through secure and safe communities, complete design and file access control, sharing, lightweight visualization, and product review.