Electrical Schematic Creation
SOLIDWORKS® Electrical Schematic provides a standalone, easy-to-use, electrical design system, addressing the deficiencies of typical schematic development tools and enabling designers and engineers to efficiently define electrical interconnections for complex electrical systems.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic offers a simple interface that is both easy to understand and to use, as well as advanced automation of complex tasks, such as contact cross-referencing and terminal drawings. SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic accelerates product development, while simultaneously minimizing the repetitive and routine daily tasks associated with schematic development.
Electrical Schematic Creation Overview
Until now the creation of electrical schematics has been accomplished using desktop documentation software, simple drawing tools, or 2D CAD tools. These tools provide only a graphical representation, without the design intelligence to interpret what the lines drawn between the symbols represent. These types of tools are labor intensive, error prone, and lack the ability to support down-stream business and manufacturing processes. Without purpose-built tools, the electrical engineering community has been adapting PCB and other schematic-based tools to support design requirements; but these tools fall short of the unique requirements of embedded electrical system designs, and they are difficult to maintain and use efficiently.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic electrical design development capabilities include:
- Single line schematic— Electrical system planning tool for creating complex embedded electrical system utilizing simple pictorial representations of electrical components and interconnectors
- Multiline schematic— Traditional schematic creation tool with a simplified user interface optimized for simplification of repetitive tasks
- 2D cabinet creation— Generate 2D panel representations from an electrical schematic, with 2D outlines of electrical components
- Electrical component and symbol library— Extensive library of industry-standard schematic symbols (IEC, ANSI, JIS, GB) combined with a database of manufacturer parts, to provide an easily customizable and adaptable parts base through easy-to-use import tools
- PLC tools— The PLC management tools automate many PLC wiring design tasks, along with the ability to import PLC data and labels
- Design and reuse—Suite of integrated tools for intelligent cut and paste, an easy-to-access selection of “favorite” components and circuit design elements, and the ability to reuse non-SOLIDWORKS Electrical design elements though easy-to-use import wizards
- Automated terminal drawing creation— Automatically generate terminal drawings based on and synchronized with the real-time design
- Real-time collaboration— Synchronized, bidirectional environment enables multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously in real time for easier project collaboration
- SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM integration— Automated publishing of schematic data, drawings, and reports for archival and revision control
- Report generation— Automatically generate reports based on real-time design database queries, with custom reports possible via integrated custom report creation tools
- Automated contact cross referencing— Electrical contacts are automatically cross referenced in real time and synchronized based on availability and type of contacts from manufacturer-specific components