SOLIDWORKS PCB Training
Classroom: 3 sessions, 7 hours each
Virtual: 6 sessions, 2.5 hours each
Class #: ELE150
The goal of this course is to teach you how to use SOLIDWORKS PCB to design and optimize outputs for manufacturability so that you stay competitive in today’s innovative design environment.
SOLIDWORKS PCB brings a collaborative element to focus with seamless workflow collaboration with SOLIDWORKS. During this course, we will cover many of the commands and options in detail. However, it is impractical to cover every minute detail and still have the course be reasonable in length. Therefore, the focus of this course is on the skills, tools, and concepts central to successfully working with SOLIDWORKS PCB.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Basics and the User Interface
- Working with PCB Design Projects
- Creating Schematic Templates
- Configuring the Schematic Preferences
- Populating Schematics
- Creating Schematic Connections
- Using Schematic Annotations
- Compiling and Verification
- Collaborating with SOLIDWORKS
- Configuring Layers and PCB Stacks
- Configuring the Outline
- Keepout and Cutout
- Configuring Origins and Grids
- Transferring Design Data
- Placing Footprints
- Using Design Rule Checks
- Routing, Defining Polygon Pour
- Inspection – Global Edition
- Outputting Data
The SOLIDWORKS Electrical training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will learn how to document PCB designs using libraries, symbols, PCB Editor, and schematic tools.
- Students attending this course are expected to have the following:
- • New and moderately experienced PCB users (or familiarity with general electronic/PCB design fundamentals).
- • Experience with SOLIDWORKS Mechanical CAD.
- • Experience with the WindowsTM operating system.
1 Upcoming Class:
|November 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 2020||1:00pm - 3:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.