SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional Administration Class
Basic knowledge of Project Management, gained through online training or by attending a local institute
Prerequisites Needed To Take The CPPA Exam:
Software: SOLIDWORKS 2012 (or later released version) and SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional 2012 (or later released version)
Access and Privileges checklist:
- Login and Passwords to Archive and SQL Servers (including SQL sa password)
- Internet access
- Ability to create vault
- Ability to add new users
Exam Length: 2 Hours
Minimum Passing Grade: 70%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CPPA exam. Also, a CPPA exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CPPA directory* when they pass.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional tools that may be covered in the exam include:
- Vault creation and configuration
- Basic Vaulting operations (Add Users, Change Permissions, Check I/O, etc.)
- Modifications to Data Cards and Variables
- Workflow Manipulation
- Troubleshooting (this may include inadvertent mistakes like typos)
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.