SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition (MBD)
The goal of this course is to teach you how to use SOLIDWORKS MBD to present product and manufacturing information (PMI) in a 3D PDF file. This includes light use of DimXpert and annotation views combined with the capturing and publishing of 3D views.
- What is SW MBD?
- Using DimXpert
- Turned Parts
- Adding Size and Location Dimensions
- Annotation Views
- Capturing 3D Views
- Publishing PDF and eDrawings Files
- 3D PDF Template Editor
The SOLIDWORKS MBD training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have an understanding of how SOLIDWORKS MBD can provide greater clarity, reduce ambiguity, and allow users of 3D PMI to interrogate dimensions and other manufacturing information on demand.
Students attending this course are expected to have the following:
• Practical work experience.
• Completed the CAD110 SOLIDWORKS Essentials course
• Experience with the Windows™ operating system.