DraftSight Premium is an entirely NEW package in 2019! You get everything you get in DraftSight® Professional in DraftSight® Premium, but you get so much MORE!
The robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience with full 3D capabilities and constraints features to help meet all of your drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing needs.
A powerful 2D design and drafting solution that lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D drawing. DraftSight Premium includes productivity tools, an API, and a familiar user interface that makes it easy to transition from other comparable CAD applications.
3D Modeling Tools:
Let you create the following 3D objects:
- Box: Creates a three-dimensional solid box.
- Pyramid: Created a three-dimensional solid pyramid.
- Wedge: Creates a three-dimensional solid toroid.
- Planar surface: Creates a rectangular planar surface.
- Cone: Creates a three-dimensional solid cone.
- Cylinder: Creates a three-dimensional solid cylinder.
- Sphere: Creates a three-dimensional solid sphere.
- Torus: Creates a three-dimensional solid toroid.
Other 3D Tools:
- Extrude: Creates a 3D solid or surface.
- Loft: Creates a 3D solid by lofting between existing cross sections.
- Polysolid: Draws 3D solid objects in the shape of polygonal walls.
- Push and Pull: Modifies 3D solids or bounded areas by extrusion.
- Revolve: Creates a 3D solid or surface by revolving a 2D object about an axis.
- Sweep: Creates unique solid primitives or surfaces by sweeping existing two-dimensional entities along a path.
- Cross Section: Creates a cross section based on the intersection of a plane and 3D solids.
- Make Flat Snapshot: Creates a flat representation of 3D solid objects and Regions, projected to the drawing's X-Y plane of the active Custom Coordinate System (CCS).
2D Constraints: (Just like SOLIDWORKS Sketches)
Geometric constraints: Define Geometric Constraints for one or two entities.
The following options are available:
- Coincident: Defines a coincident geometric constraint to two points on entities or constrains a point on an entity to an entity.
- Fix: Causes points on entities and entities to maintain fixed positions.
- Perpendicular: Causes two Lines or linear PolyLine segments to be perpendicular to each other.
- Parallel: Causes two Lines or linear PolyLine segments to be parallel to each other.
- Horizontal: Causes Lines and linear PolyLine segments or pairs of points on entities to be parallel to the X-axis of the current coordinate system.
- Vertical: Causes Lines and linear PolyLine segments or pairs of points on entities to be parallel to the Y-axis of the current coordinate system.
- Tangent: Causes one entity to be tangent to another.
- Smooth: Causes a Spline to constitute fluid geometric continuity with another Spline, Arc, Line, or PolyLine.
- Collinear: Causes Lines and linear PolyLine segments to be collinear.
- Concentric: Causes the center points of Arcs, Circles, Ellipses, or elliptical Arcs to coincide.
- Symmetric: Causes two entities or constraint points on entities to lie symmetrically with respect to a symmetry line.
- Equal: Constrains Lines to the same length, or Arcs and Circles to the same radius.
- Dimensional constraints: Define Dimensional Constraints for entities or between constraint points on entities. The following options are available:
- Aligned: Constrains the direct distance between two points on entities.
- Horizontal: Constrains the horizontal distance between two points on entities.
- Vertical: Constrains the vertical distance between two points on entities.
- Linear: Constrains the horizontal or vertical distance between two defining points on entities.
- Diameter: Constrains the diameter of a Circle, Arc, or curved PolyLine segment.
- Radial: Constrains the radius of a Circle, Arc, or curved PolyLine segment.
- Angular: Constrains the angle between three constraint points on entities or between two Lines or PolyLine segments, or to constrain the total angle of an Arc or curved PolyLine segment.
- PDF Import/Convert & Underlay (3rd Party PDF Import/Convert for DraftSight Plugin available)
Solid Editing Tools:
Let you create more complex 3D solid objects using different methods.
- Union: Creates a composite region or solid by addition.
- Subtract: Creates a composite region or a 3D solid by subtraction.
- Intersect: Creates regions or 3D solids from the intersection regions or of 3D solids.
- 3D Rotate: Rotates drawing entities in 3D space around a specified axis.
- Align 3D: Aligns entities with respect to other entities or other target points in 3D space.
- Mirror 3D: Creates a mirror image in a 3D plane around a 3D axis.
- Pattern 3D: Lets you create a pattern of entities in 3D space, either in a linear matrix or a circular alignment about a rotation axis.
- Chamfer Edges: Bevels the edges of 3D solid objects.
- Fillet Edges: Rounds the edges of 3D solid objects.
- Interference checking: Checks interferences within a solid model.
- Slice: Slices 3D solids with a plane or surface.
- Thicken: Creates 3D solids from surfaces by thickening them.
- Solid Editing command [Keyboard Shortcut Command: EDITSOLID]:
- Allow you modify edges, faces, and bodies of 3D solid objects.
Let you create 3D surfaces that are shown as wireframe models without defining entities and boundaries that already exist in the drawing.
- 3D Face: Creates three- or four-sided surfaces in space.
- 3D Mesh: Creates 3D PolygonMeshes.
- Box: Creates a box shaped 3D PolygonMesh. (4 SP0_v2_20190219)
- Cone: Creates a cone or cylinder-shaped 3D PolygonMesh.
- Pyramid: Creates a pyramidal 3D PolygonMesh.
- Sphere: Creates a spherical 3D PolygonMesh.
- Torus: Creates a torus shaped 3D PolygonMesh.
- Wedge: Creates a wedge-shaped 3D Polygonmesh.
- Edge: Creates a 3D PolygonMesh between four boundaries.
- Revolved: Creates a surface by revolving a path curve (profile) around an axis of revolution.
- Rules: Creates a ruled surface between two boundary curves (profiles). The resulting surface is a PolygonMesh.
- Tabulated: Creates a tabular surface using a path curve and a direction vector. The resulting surface is a PolygonMesh.
DraftSight® 2019 Premium Support Resources:
- swYm community (via Forum)
- Email for activation and installation