Verify dimensioning and tolerancing schemes to ensure proper fit and function. TolAnalyst GD&T data is read directly from the SOLIDWORKS models. TolAnalyst eliminates the need for hand calculations and manual entry of dimensions and tolerances.
- Maximum/minimum worst-case.
- RSS results are calculated and a “contributors” list.
- Determine which features and tolerances have the greatest impact on the stack-up.
- Allows for loosening tolerances on dimensions that are not important to the stack-up
TolAnalyst allows users to perform worst case tolerance stack up analysis on parts and assemblies
- Significantly reduces prototyping typically required to test for assembly fit and function and even reveals “worst-case” issues you would not normally find with physical prototyping
- Decreases manufacturing costs by verifying tolerance schemes – allows looser tolerances and less expensive manufacturing techniques where tight tolerances are not needed
- Eliminates the need for hand calculations which can be time consuming and error-prone – TolAnalyst contains a tolerance stack-up analysis engine
- Eliminates the need for manual data entry into a program or spreadsheet because TolAnalyst is seamlessly integrated with DimXpert and automatically extracts DimXpert dimensions and tolerances that are necessary for the stack-up calculation
- Provides graphical and text-based feedback as to which features and tolerances most greatly affect the critical dimension being evaluated – easier for the designer to figure out what tolerances and/or features needs to be modified
- Fast tolerance stack-up calculations, combined with the fact that no manual data entry is required, allows designers to quickly iterate stack-up analyses in order to optimize assembly fit and function
- Solves minimum/maximum “worst-case” tolerance stack-up with respect to position of components in the assembly, not by just merely rebuilding parts at their maximum or minimum tolerances
- Fast tolerance stack-up calculation of maximum and minimum “worst-case” and RSS for parts and assemblies
- Intuitive and easy-to-use
- Ability to create and display critical study dimensions directly on the 3D model
- Automatic extraction of dimensions and tolerances necessary for the analysis directly from the 3D models
- Automatic calculation and display of a contributors list of features and tolerances based on percent impact on the critical evaluation dimensions
- Graphic display of maximum and minimum condition in the 3D model
- Quickly evaluate different tolerance schemes
- Seamlessly integrated with SOLIDWORKS DimXpert – automated part dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to export all analysis results in Excel