MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber
Ready to Purchase?
Get Makerbot 3D Printers and Material today in our online store!
METHOD X Carbon Fiber produces dimensionally accurate parts in Carbon fiber reinforced nylon – optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
Patented VECT 110 Thermal Regulation evenly heats and controls the print environment leading to parts that are 2x stronger on the z-axis, and 2x more accurate across the board. (Variable Environmental Controlled Temperature)
MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Features
433.4mm (H) x 423.1mm (W) x 365.0mm (D) [17in (H) x 16.6in (W) x 14.4in (D)]
11.8 kg [26 lb]5
1.75 mm [0.069 in]
Heated with removable flexible build surface
Build Envelope (XYZ)
15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in Dual extrusion 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in Single extrusion
43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
29.5 kg / 65 lbs
PLA, PETG, Tough, ABS, ASA, Nylon
100 – 240 V
8.1A – 3.4A, 50 / 60 Hz
800 W max
15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm – 6.0 L x 7.5 W x 7.75 H in (Dual Material)
19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm – 7.5 L x 7.5 W x 7.75 H in (Single Material)
± 0.2mm / ±0.007in1
– Manufacturing tools
– End-use parts
– Functional prototypes
MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
|Supported File Types||
MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
Windows (7, 10)
Mac OS X (10.9+)
Print carbon fiber reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three dimensional strength and accuracy like never before on METHOD’s unique industrial desktop platform.
Strong, Heat-Resistant Metal Replacement Parts
Carbon fiber reinforced nylon is optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
• Excellent strength to weight ratio – 110 MPa TS – for lightweighting applications such as robotic end effectors
• Engineering-grade stiffness – 7600 MPa Tensile Modulus – for structural applications such as vehicular brackets and inspection gauges
• High heat resistance under load – 184°C HDT – for optimal under-hood and tooling applications
Heated Chamber Delivers Stronger Manufacturing-Grade Parts
- A Heated Chamber produces stronger parts than a heated build plate
- Achieve consistent strength in three axis with recirculating heat on every layer
- Print real ABS, ASA, and PC-ABS with superior mechanical and thermal properties than modified desktop 3D printer formulations.
Guaranteed Part Accuracy and SR-30 Soluble Support
- Complex geometries that are impossible to print with advanced materials on a desktop 3D printer – Enabled by Stratasys SR-30 soluble supports
- The only printer in its class to guarantee finished part dimensional accuracy ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in).
- Print complex assemblies that fit with tight tolerances – every time.
Superior Nylon Carbon Fiber Parts with METHOD
- METHOD’s unique industrial feature set produces carbon fiber parts with superior three dimensional strength and accuracy
- METHOD’s Heated Chamber delivers parts that are strong and accurate.
- Outstanding surface finish that hides layer lines thanks to METHOD’s Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame.
- Print the most complex geometries including internal cavities with soluble support, or use breakaway support for faster print times.
- METHOD’s sealed filament bays help keep the material dry, resulting in better print quality and reliability, and METHOD’s pre-print spool drying feature allows for the recovery of oversaturated filament.
Open Platform for Advanced Engineering Materials
Official MakerBot Materials include Real ABS, ASA, Nylon, PETG, SR-30, and more. These materials have been tuned extensively by our engineers and tested for thousands of hours.
Access unlimited materials with an Open Materials Platform enabled by MakerBot LABS. Print advanced materials, such as ABS Carbon, TPE (flexible), PETG ESD, and PC.
Save Engineering Time With an Automated Workflow and CAD Integration
Put an end to tinkering and time-consuming printer upkeep with the most streamlined workflow in the industry, including automated material handling, build plate leveling, and extruder calibration.
Keep your projects moving and enjoy enjoy peace of mind with our leading in-house customer support and MakerCare machine hot swap.