3D design software combined with touch-based haptic devices that transforms traditional handcraftsmanship into organic, digital design for custom manufacturing.
Why Geomagic Freeform?
What is Geomagic Freeform?
Geomagic® Freeform®—the industry’s most comprehensive, organic, hybrid design software on the market—enables you to solve complex, precision design and manufacturing challenges and easily address challenging tasks within existing scan-to-print or CAD-to manufacturing workflows.
Choose from three editions:
- Geomagic Sculpt™ offers simple, fast organic design-to-3D print tools.
- Geomagic Freeform provides more tools for advanced design including a comprehensive design and sculpting toolset for sculpting.
- Geomagic Freeform Plus™ takes the toolset to the next level by providing extensive hybrid design support, broader interoperability, and the tools you need to prepare your part for mold tooling and manufacturing.
For the ultimate in expressive freedom and faster modeling, Geomagic Freeform works with the Touch™ and Touch X™ haptic devices to add the sense of touch to your digital world—delivering freedom of motion and the physical sensation of sculpting in a virtual environment. This intuitive way of interacting with your 3D design reduces learning curves, speeds design, and allows you to deliver top-notch 3D data.
In addition, Geomagic Freeform supports the primary mesh file formats for scan data import and live scanning for select scanners.
What Can You Do with Geomagic Freeform?
Customers are using Geomagic Freeform for a wide range of applications—from large-scale, customized products to highly-detailed, ornate, and artisanal products—across a variety of industries including:
- Transforming traditional hand fabrication of orthoses and prostheses (O&P) to a digital workflow.
- Designing custom orthotics and prosthetics that are highly-personalized, better-fitting, lighter, and stronger.
- Innovating and personalizing their artisanship with precise, multi-material, engineering-grade manufacturing processes.
- Creating functional cages for applications such as custom medical implants.