Why Choose the Magics SG Module
With the Materialise Magics SG Module, you can create and optimize adequate support structures for Stereolithography models with different types of geometry. All can be done with a consideration for cost, with specially shaped support connection points for easy support removal, as well as with perforated supports that save time and material.
Three Easy Steps to Create Support with the Materialise Magics SG Module
- Automatically generate a support proposal based on your parameters
- Fine-tune the proposal and optimize it to your needs
- Export the support as a separate STL, either merged with your part or sliced
Analyize Your Parts
– Easily identify critical support areas
– Avoid trapped volumes with early detection. Solve them with re-orientation or the perforator tool.
Reduce Data Preparation, Building & Finishing Time
– Reduce data preparation time with semi-automatic support generation
– Save building time and material with non-solid, single-line, optionally perforated supports
– Decrease finishing time with teeth shaped part-support connections that peel off easily, or via perforated and fragmented supports that can be removed with even greater ease.
Reduce Build Failures
– Create the proper support structure for any type of geometry.
– Build in extra support on the lowest line of a surface.
– Stay in control of all of your parameters.
Variety of Support Structures
With the Materialise Magics SG module, you can have a complete gallery of support structures to choose from, or combine:
Key Features of Materialise Magics SG
Update your orientation in real time
Thanks to the support area preview, you can see where your support structures will be placed while you are orienting your part.
Keep a good overview
Use the Surface Lists to analyze the different proposed designs and optimize where you wish.
Create strong but easy-to-remove teeth
Adjust the teeth-shaped connection points according to your needs.
Easily break off large areas of support
Fragment the block support structures to enhance removal after building.
Save time and material
By using perforated support structures, for instance diamond-shaped perforations, you can save resin and speed up the build.
Control the parameters
Reduce build failures by controlling the parameters. There is a clear explanation of every setting to enable ease of use.