Direct Digital Manufacturing
Take designs from virtual to real in hours, not weeks. From functional prototypes with exacting tolerances, to manufacturing tools that perform under pressure, the Fortus 380mc and 450mc 3D production systems set a high bar for speed, performance and accuracy. The competitive advantages of additive manufacturing are continuously reinforced by a growing list of supported engineering and high-performance thermoplastics.
High-Performance FDM Systems
The 380mc and 450mc 3D production systems let you build, accurate, repeatable parts faster than ever before. Produce jigs, fixtures, factory tooling and end-use parts, as well as functional prototypes to withstand stringent testing. With four layer thicknesses to choose from, you can strike the right balance between strength, detail, and FDM’s fastest build time. For maximum time savings, Fortus 380mc and 400mc build complex parts faster than their predecessors. Both feature an all-new touchscreen interface for straightforward operation and maintenance.
Build parts as large as 355 x 305 x 305 mm (14 x 12 x 12 in.) significantly faster than the Fortus 360mc, especially for complex geometries. The Fortus 380mc offers the same fast build time as the 400mc, and works with seven standard and engineering thermoplastics.
Build parts as large as 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.). The Fortus 450mc works with 9 standard, engineering and high-performance thermoplastics.
- Widest variety of material options and custom configurations
- Larger build envelope and multiple material bays for longer, unattended operation
- Best surface finish and feature detail
- Capable of multi-colored parts in a single build
Both systems work with these production-grade thermoplastics:
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
The Fortus 450mc also works with ULTEM 9085 for high strength-to-weight ratio and favorable FST rating. ULTEM 1010 compatibility is coming in 2015.
Fortus 380/450mc Models
3D Printer Video