Most accurate scanning and probing solutions on the market!
The arm-free handheld MetraSCAN 3D optical CMM scanning systems are the most accurate scanning and probing solutions on the market, whether in lab or on the shop floor. Combined with the HandyPROBE, this complete and powerful solution increases the reliability, speed and versatility of the measurement process, whether for metrology or large-scale reverse engineering applications.
The MetraSCAN 3D scanners make it possible to easily and dynamically extend the measurement volume with no loss of accuracy. Compared to other 3D scanners on articulated arms, they allow total freedom of movement, which translates into increased productivity and quality.
The C-Track dual-camera sensors
The C-Track dual-camera sensors are fitted with high quality optics and special lighting, enabling them to measure all reflectors within their operating space. In addition to tracking the whole system’s reference model, the C-Tracks ensure the exact localization of the HandyPROBE, perform continuous image acquisition and transmission, lighting of reflectors, management of the exchanges with the computer and storage of the sensor parameters.
MetraSCAN 3D Scanners
Creaform MetraSCAN 350
The MetraSCAN 350 offers increased resolution. It is ideal for projects where geometrical feature definition is key, such as sheet metal and tooling inspection.
Creaform MetraSCAN 750
Because it features extended scanning surface, the MetraSCAN 750 offers increased measurement speed with equal accuracy. Its increased stand-off and depth of field make for enhanced scanning flexibility. It is ideal for large surface metrology and large-scale reverse engineering.
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.0020 in.), high repeatability and traceable certificate
- Dynamic referencing: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part, so users can move the object any way they want during the measurement process
- Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in.)
- Accurate measurement of parts ranging from 0.2 to 10 meters (0.7 to 33 feet) in size
- No accuracy drift over time with the easy-to-perform field calibration procedure
- No rigid setup required: the part and the system can be moved freely at any time during measurement
- Versatile 3D scanning: can scan any type of color and material, even black, multicolored and shiny surfaces
- Greater and easily extendable measurement volume
- Automatic alignment: optical reflectors allows for repetitive inspections without re-alignment
- Optional probing capabilities by adding the HandyPROBE Next
- Multi-function buttons for easier interaction with the software
- Short learning curve and intuitive operation
- Optimized for use on the shop floor
- Lightweight: weights under 1.38 kg (3.0 lbs)
- Portable CMM: the system can be easily brought wherever the part is
- Arm-free optical scanning system
The MetraSCAN 3D scanners come with VXelements and the VXscan module, a fully-integrated 3D data acquisition software that powers its entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a uniform, user-friendly and intuitive working environment.
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user’s experience level.
- Offers a surface optimization algorithm that avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate meshing without any post-treatment. The output is an optimized meshing that can be exported in all standard formats;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: just input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before or after the scan. The software can recreate a meshing from the raw data previously acquired;
- Surface is rendered in real time (the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned);
- The creation, from the meshing, of geometrical entities;
- Several other functions related to the optimization of the meshing such as hole filling, smart decimation (without definition loss on the meshing), or boundary filters.
VXinspect: dimensional inspection software module
VXinspect is an intuitive and powerful 3D inspection software designed for manufacturing companies conducting first article inspection (FAI) or quality control. Directly integrated into VXelements™, Creaform’s 3D software platform and application suite, VXinspect provides the simplest integration of probing and scanning measurement capabilities.
VXmodel: Scan-to-CAD software module
VXmodel is a post-treatment software that directly integrates into VXelements and seamlessly allows to finalize 3D scan data for use directly in any CAD or 3D printing software. VXmodel provides the simplest and fastest path from 3D scans to your CAD or additive manufacturing workflow.
VXremote: Remote access software application
VXremote improves your efficiency in the field by providing fast and easy remote access to VXelements. It offers quick activation and set-up and requires no hardware or server to install or maintain. You can have all its data acquisition functionalities at your fingertips… Available only with the Creaform Certified Rugged Tablet!
- 3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions)
- InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks)
- Dassault (CATIA V5, SolidWorks)
- Delcam (PowerINSPECT)
- BuildIT (Build!IT)
- Metrologic (Metrolog X4, V5)
- New River Kinematics (SpatialAnalyzer)
- PTC (Pro/ENGINEER)
- Siemens (NX and Solid Edge)
- Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
- Verisurf (VerisurfMeasure)
- Part-to-CAD analysis
- First article inspection
- Supplier product quality inspection
- Conformity assessment of 3D models against original parts or production tooling
- Conformity assessment of manufactured parts against originals
- Tooling certification
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- 3D modeling
- Tooling and jig development
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
The Creaform Shop-Floor Workstation And C-Track Shop-Floor Stand
The Creaform Shop-Floor Workstation is designed to ensure optimal performance when using Creaform’s dimensional inspection devices in production environments. It incorporates all the tools you need in one workstation. It offers secure storage for all your Creaform 3D measurement technologies (portable 3D scanners, portable CMM, photogrammetry system) and related accessories. By adding flexibility, mobility and reliability to Creaform’s systems across a production plant while being in operation, the workstation improves overall efficiency, productivity and the overall quality assurance process on the shop floor.
Stand-alone or bundled with the workstation, the C-Track Shop-Floor Stand facilitates the mobility of the C-Track around the part to be inspected while running. Once mounted on the stand’s extendable pole, the C-Track™ dual-camera sensors can reach a height of 1.9 m (73 in.) to accommodate high and low inspection set-ups. Also fitted with locking wheels and retractable legs, the stand can easily adapt to static use. Paired with the Self-Power Kit (external battery), move the C-Track Shop-Floor Stand from one place to another without worrying about temperature stabilization time when shutting down/restarting the C-Track and controller. Along with the workstation, it provides a complete solution for a real-time manufacturing quality control process
|MetraSCAN 350||MetraSCAN 750|
|Dimensions||282 x 250 x 282 mm
(11 x 9.8 x 11 in.)
|Measurement Rate||205,000 measurements/s measurements/s||480,000 measurements/s measurements/s|
(with C-Track 780)(1)
|0.060 mm + 0.025 mm/m
(0.0024 in. + 0.0003 in./ft.)
|Light Source||3 laser crosses||7 laser crosses (+ 1 extra line)|
|Resolution||0.050 mm (0.0020 in.)|
|Accuracy||Up to 0.040 mm
|Up to 0.030 mm
|Stand-Off Distance||152 mm
|Laser Class||72M (eye-safe)|
|Operating Temperature Range||5-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
|Operating humidity Range (Non-Condensing)||10-90%|
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive, RoHS 2 Substance Restrictions Directive), IP50, WEEE|