The Industry Challenge
In today’s computer-aided product development and manufacturing environment, designers and engineers are using a wide range of software tools to design and simulate their products. Often, the parameters and results from one software package are required as inputs to another package, and the manual process of entering the required data can reduce efficiency, slow product development, and introduce errors in modeling and simulation assumptions.
SIMULIA’s Isight Solution
Isight provides designers, engineers, and researchers with an open system for integrating design and simulation models—created with various CAD, CAE, and other software applications—to automate the execution of hundreds or thousands of simulations. Isight allows users to save time and improve their products by optimizing them against performance or cost metrics through statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments (DOE) or Design for Six Sigma.
Design of Experiments
- The DOE component enables engineers to quickly assess the impact of various design variables based on a set of objectives and identify significant interactions.
- Isight provides a comprehensive selection of parallelized optimization techniques that can be applied to a variety of problems.
- This process enables simulation models to be calibrated by minimizing any variety of different error measures using optimization techniques.
Approximations and the Visual Design Driver
- Isight offers powerful real-time tools to interpolate results of computationally intensive realistic simulations. The Visual Design Driver allows users to see their approximation models from many different views and “surf” the design space graphically and interactively.
- Isight provides stochastic methods that account for variation in product designs and their operating environment. With the Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) component, address uncertainty and randomness in the design process, assess the impact of known uncertainties in input variables on the system responses, and characterize the statistical nature of the responses of interest.
The Right Solution Now, Your Trusted Partner Always
All your questions, answered.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about Isight. Contact us today to start a conversation about how Isight can improve your engineering in so many ways.
- What else can Isight do?
- How does Isight work?
- How do I learn to use it?
- Can I see more industry-relevant examples?
- Is there a trial?