Recently, we have found many issues inside of SOLIDWORKS due to the recent Microsoft security updates that have been released in preparation for Windows 10. We have found this patch in particular, has been causing many issues inside of SOLIDWORKS. KB3072630.
Any machine that has been installed or modified (service pack applied) with this security patch in place has a high probability of running into issues inside of SOLIDWORKS. If the patch was applied after an install or upgrade you are likely not affected.
Here are some (but not all) of the common issues we are seeing.
- After my installation or upgrade of SOLIDWORKS®, why are many SOLIDWORKS add-ins missing from my add-ins list?
- When launching SOLIDWORKS® or opening a file, why does SOLIDWORKS return "Could not load SOLIDWORKS DLL: GdtAnalysisSupport.dll"?
- Why is "Could not load SOLIDWORKS DLL: sldshellutils" error returned when selecting "Pack and Go…" from SOLIDWORKS® or SOLIDWORKS® Explorer?
- Why does SOLIDWORKS crash when launching with a SWVBAServer error or when recording, playing, or editing a SOLIDWORKS® Macro?
- Why is "DWG document manager library is invalid or missing" error seen launching SOLIDWORKS® or SOLIDWORKS® Explorer?
- What can cause the error "Failed to create ToolboxLibrary object", followed by "SOLIDWORKS database is missing" while accessing SOLIDWORKS® Toolbox add-in?
- Why does SOLIDWORKS® Treehouse crash when launching?
This is an issue due to a Microsoft security patch (KB3072630) that went out on July 14. I have attached 2 registry files that will allow you to disable and re-enable this patch. See links below.
Start by running the following registry
Download and run the "Run before install" registry key
Repair your SOLIDWORKS installation
To run a repair:
Place you dvd in you drive first.
1. Go to Start
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Go to Programs and features
4. Select your SOLIDWORKS from the list.
5. Select Change
6. You will then see the installation manager come up and there is an option to run a repair.
To repair an admin Image:
Once repair is complete:
Download and run the "Run after install" registry.
This solution should resolve most of these issue with installation. If you are still experiencing issues please contact CATI Technical Support for additional assistance.
Computer Aided Technology