Many of our users know one of the most sought-after enhancements was the “Redo” button to accompany the “Undo” button. That button came out in 2021, and in SOLIDWORKS 2022 extended the support to more commands and actions.
Extended to these features:
- Hole Wizard
- Simple Hole
- Linear Pattern
Commands and Action:
- Instant 2D
- Reorder Features
To help understand what “Redo” can help with, it is also a good idea to understand what SOLIDWORKS “Undo” cannot or is limited to. This list was taken from S-070892 to help clarify.
- Changing configurations while in the ‘Equations’ dialog resets the ‘Undo’ and ‘Redo’ lists. It is not possible to undo or redo steps taken prior to the reset.
- The ‘Undo’ list resets after forcing a rebuild (Ctrl + Q).
- The ‘Undo’ list resets after a configuration change.
- You cannot perform an ‘Undo’ after changing a subassembly from ‘Flexible’ to ‘Rigid’ and vice versa.
- You cannot perform an ‘Undo’ after deleting file paths under ‘Tools’ > ‘Options’ > ‘System Options’ > ‘File locations’.
- In ‘Loft’ or ‘Boundary’ commands, you can perform ‘Undo connector edit’ on up to six of the most recent delete, add, or drag connector commands.
I hope this part of the What’s New series gives you a better understanding of the new features and functions of SOLIDWORKS 2022. Please check back to the CATI Blog as the CATI Application Engineers will continue to break down many of the new items in SOLIDWORKS 2022. All these articles will be stored in the category of “SOLIDWORKS What’s New.”
Sr. Application Engineer
Computer Aided Technology
What is Design Innovation Month?
DESIGN INNOVATION MONTH 2021 – Webinars, Virtual Showroom, Contests
Design Innovation Month is CATI’s massive “What’s New in 2022” event for SOLIDWORKS, 3DEXPERIENCE, and 3D printing & 3D scanning technology. That’s six weeks of live and on-demand webinars, demonstrations, in-depth blog posts, and prizes! Best of all, it’s free of charge! Check the DI Month Hub for all the details and to sign up for your next event.