SOLIDWORKS: Account Activation Exceeded
Account Activation Exceeded
This blog article will discuss:
- What this message means
- Reasons you might be receiving this message when trying to activate a license
- Steps to avoid getting this error
- What to do when your hard drive crashes
Let’s begin by defining what the message “Account Activation Exceeded” means.
If this message pops up when you are trying to activate a license in SOLIDWORKS, it is informing you that you are trying to use more activation’s of the license than are currently available.
Reasons you may receive this message:
- An old employee still has the license active on their machine.
- A forgotten machine still has the license active on it.
- There is an attempt at more than one activation.
- A computer’s hard drive crashed and is still registered as using the license.
Tips to avoid getting this message:
- Keep up to date records where the license is active, include; license number, the computer name it is active on, the email used to activate it, and whose machine it is active on.
- Deactivate the license on the old machine when it is no longer going to be used.
What to do when your hard drive crashes:
- Call SOLIDWORKS Technical Support at 888-285-2284 and tell them what has happened. They can release that license for you to activate it on the new hard drive or new computer.
Application Engineer | CSWE
Computer Aided Technology