SolidWorks Enterprise PDM 2009 Preview
As many of you know, SolidWorks is just about to release SolidWorks 2009. SolidWorks will also release SolidWorks Enterprise PDM, complete with many new features and benefits. In this preview, I will talk about the basics.
First of all, you may have noticed that the name has changed. Yes, you can say goodbye to PDMWorks Enterprise and say hello to SolidWorks Enterprise PDM. With this name change, SolidWorks has put the focus on the SolidWorks Integration, adding more functionality than any release to date.
Here are some things coming with the 2009 SolidWorks integration:
- Changed interface with State Changes, Where-Used reporting, and better graphics to help the user understand the status of files in SolidWorks and in the vault
- New Toolbar with Searching from within SolidWorks
- Embedded preview when highlighting files in the task pane.
- Automatic serial numbers generated for SolidWorks configurations
In addition, there are changes to the Workflow and BOM functionality. Here are some highlights:
- SolidWorks Drawing BOM integrated in PDM
- Increased support for Named and Computed BOMs in PDM
- Support for Weldment Parts lists
- On-the-fly selection of workflow recipients
- Increased support for Named and Computed BOM
- Double electronic signature during workflow approval for compliance (see screenshot)
In the weeks and months to come, you will see more screenshots and videos. You will also see invites to the SolidWorks 2009 rollouts in your area. Stop by to learn more about Enterprise PDM.