The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Model Based Design (CSWP-MBD) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your ability to use SOLIDWORKS MBD functionality and tools.
CSWP-Model Based Design Exam
Employers can be confident that an individual with this certification understands SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition tools and functionality.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas of SOLIDWORKS MBD functionality:
- Reference Dimensions
- Size Dimensions
- Annotation Views
- Intersection Geometry
- 3D PDF Tools
- Auto Dimension
- Tolerance Style
- Tolerance Status
- Flag Note Bank
- Location Dimensions
- 3D Views
- Copy Scheme
- Pattern Feature
- Defining PMI
- Annotation Views
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Recommended Training Courses:
Sample Exam: CSWP-MBD Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 90 Minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWP-MBD exam. Also, a CSWP-MBD exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2016 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper. You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams.
- Once you have purchased your exam, visit the certification center. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.