The Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation (CSWP-Simulation) exam tests your understanding of SOLIDWORKS Simulation tools and simulation in general.
Candidates who successfully pass this certification exam have demonstrated the ability to set up, run, and examine the results of various types of Simulation scenarios. They also have demonstrated the ability to interpret the various results available to them in SOLIDWORKS Simulation and an understanding of the basics of simulation and FEA.
Exam features 3 categories of questions:
- Multiple choice questions about general topics in simulation and FEA, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Manual calculations of loads and stresses in simple cases
- Several hands-on challenges in many areas of SOLIDWORKS Simulation
The hands-on section of the exam features challenges in many of these areas of SOLIDWORKS Simulation functionality:
- Static, Frequency, and Thermal studies
- Working with Solid and Shell elements
- Working with Beams
- Definition of beams and trusses
- Beam loads
- Beam results
- Applying loads and restraints
- Planes of symmetry
- Non-uniform loads
- Mesh controls
- Use of configurations to compare designs
- Convergence of results
- Result forces
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Recommended Training Courses:
SOLIDWORKS Simulation and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional
Exam Length: 90 Minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWP-Simulation exam. Also, a CSWP-Simulation exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS Standard and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional 2011 or SOLIDWORKS Student Edition 2011 or later for this exam. Any use of a previous or lower version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files or access some of the needed functionality.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and a personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.