The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your ability to use SOLIDWORKS Advanced Surfacing tools.
CSWPA-Mold Tools Exam
The Advanced Mold Tools exam will test your ability to utilize the Mold Tools found in SOLIDWORKS. Understanding SOLIDWORKS Mold Tools will help to aid a user in the completion of a robust mold design in an efficient manner. Successful completion of this exam will demonstrate a users knowledge of how to correctly utilize these tools found in SOLIDWORKS.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas of the SOLIDWORKS Mold Tools functionality and Mold Industry knowledge:
- Parting Line Creation
- Cavity Tool
- Draft Analysis
- Undercut Analysis
- Mold Cooling Problem
- Max Mold Opening
- Parting Surface Creation
- Runner and Sprue fill
- Shrink / Scale factor
- Shut-off Surface Creation
- Modifying Shut-off Surfaces
- Create Side Cores
- Create Tapered Interlocks
- Ruled Surface
- Planar Surface
- Knit Surface
- Filled Surface
- Extend Surface
- Trim Surface
- Lofted Surface
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Recommended Training Courses:
SOLIDWORKS Mold Design
Sample Exam: CSWPA – Mold Tools Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 2 hours
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWPA-MM exam. Also, a CSWPA-MM exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2015 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.