The completion of the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) exam shows that you have successfully demonstrated your ability to use SOLIDWORKS Advanced Surfacing tools.
SOLIDWORKS software includes many advanced surfacing tools. The Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Surfacing Specialist exam is used to gauge someone’s ability to utilize these tools in the creation of complex surfaces.
Successful completion of this exam also shows the ability to create advanced surface models as well as troubleshoot and fix broken surface bodies or imported bodies that are incorrect using advanced surfacing techniques.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas of the SolidWorks Surfacing functionality:
- Spline Creation
- 3D Curve Creation
- Boundary Surface
- Loft/Blend Surfaces
- Filled Surface
- Swept Surface
- Planar Surface
- Knit Surface
- Trim Surface
- Untrim Surface
- Move Face
- Extend Surface
- Offset Surface
- Ruled Surface Creation
- Guided Curves
- Spline Creation
- Split Solid Body
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Recommended Training Courses:
SOLIDWORKS Advanced Surface Modeling
Sample Exam: CSWPA – Surfacing Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 90 minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWPA-SU exam. Also, a CSWPA-SU exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2017 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper. You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams.
- Once you have purchased your exam, visit the certification center. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.