What is Altair SimSolid?
By performing structural analyses on fully featured CAD assemblies within minutes, SimSolid is the game-changing simulation technology for designers, engineers, and analysts. It eliminates geometry preparation and meshing: the two most time-consuming, expertise-extensive and error-prone tasks performed in a conventional structural simulation.
Multiple design scenarios can be simulated quickly under real-life conditions. Early CAD models, in any common format, can be used. SimSolid tolerance of imprecise geometry means that, unlike CAD-embedded simulation tools, there is no need to simplify complex geometries before analyzing designs.
SimSolid supports all typical connections (bolt/nut, bonded, welds, rivets, sliding) and analysis of linear static, modal, thermal properties, along with more complex coupled, nonlinear, transient dynamic effects. Providing the simulation power to help quicker engineering decisions, it aids development of quality products faster to beat competitors to market.
Eliminate Geometry Simplification
SimSolid's unique technology totally eliminates geometry simplification and meshing: the two most time-consuming, expertise extensive and error-prone tasks done in traditional structural analysis.
Analyze Complex and Large Assemblies
Conceived to analyze complex parts or large assemblies not practical with traditional FEA, SimSolid excels faced with ragged contact surfaces having both gaps and overlapping geometry.
Get Results in Seconds to Minutes
SimSolid is fast, having solution times measured in seconds to minutes, typically, on a standard PC, enabling comparison between multiple design scenarios quickly and accurately.
Altair SimSolid™ Resources
Efficient Geometry Description and Meshing
Accelerate pre-processing using Flux tool kit: sketcher / modeler, defeaturing functions, dedicated e-Motor environment, smart auto-adaptive mesh and focus on exploring 2D/skew/3D innovative designs.
Advanced Physical Properties
Embedded physical models for magnetic, electric and thermal; static, steady-state AC and transient analysis; complex electrical circuit editor and rigid body motion for real-life predictions.
Powerful Modeling Techniques
Unequaled modeling solutions for fast and accurate analysis: non-meshed coils, non-linear anisotropic material behavior, hysteresis, skin and proximity loss in windings for accurate analysis.
Fast and Robust Solvers
Explore new layouts with Flux embedded multi-parametric capabilities, supported by multiple linear and non-linear robust solvers, accelerated further by efficient optimization methods and HPC.
Complete and versatile postprocessor enables analysis, reporting and export of results from multi-parametric solving: potential, flux density, temperature, electric and magnetic fields, mechanical quantities, etc.
Seamless Multiphysics Optimization
Connecting physics in a single multiphysics optimization loop, sharing models, design variables and mesh, automating the process gives the best view of complex phenomena fast.
The following simulation types are supported: linear statics, modal, nonlinear statics (material & geometrical), thermal, coupled thermal-stress, linear dynamics (time, frequency and random response).
Supported Connections and Boundary Conditions
- Assembly Connections: Smart auto connections, bonded, sliding, separating with friction, bolted, spot & laser welds, fillet/seam welds, virtual connectors
- Loads & BC’s: Immovable constraint, sliding constraint, hinge constraint, enforced displacement, force, pressure, gravity, thermal, inertia relief, bolt/nut preload, dynamic loads, hydrostatic loads, bearing loads, and remote loads.
- Elastoplastic with NL stress vs strain curves
- User extensible
- Direct data integration to Cloud-based CAD systems
- Standard STL output from any CAD system
- Direct file support for mainstream CAD systems: CATIA, NX, Creo, SOLIDWORKS, Inventor and SolidEdge
- Direct file support for common neutral formats: STEP, ACIS and Parasolid, etc.
Post-Processing and Reporting
- Contour plots with displacements, stress & strains
- Deformed shape animation
- Max/min labels
- Point probes
- XY plots
- Reaction/contact forces
- Bolt/nut forces
- Spot weld forces
- Frequencies and mode shapes
- Modal participation factors
- Safety factors
- Image thumbnails and captions associated with model graphics state, part visibility, and results display
- Synchronized model and results browsing
- Results are exported as full resolution image files
- Able to process mixed (SI and IPS) units
- Measurements (distance, ray probe, local coordinates)
- Global and local coordinate systems
- Default views (front, back, left, right, top, bottom)
- Custom saved views