Heavy Equipment Industry
SOLIDWORKS software is used worldwide by heavy equipment designers who value the software's large assembly performance, Physical Simulation capability for assemblies, data translation, design collaboration tools, and integrated design analysis tools.
The capabilities of SOLIDWORKS enable manufacturers to quickly and efficiently design large equipment, including machinery with tens of thousands of parts.
SOLIDWORKS capabilities that are especially valuable to consumer product designers include:
- Data translation to facilitate data reuse from other CAD systems
- Part modeling for surfacing, sheet metal, ready-made “smart” fasteners, sweep/loft, and configurations of both parts and assemblies
- Collaboration through eDrawings and 3D Instant Website products to help you coordinate global product development activities
- Photorealistic renderings and animations using fully integrated PhotoWorks and SOLIDWORKS Motion Manager software, allowing you to communicate how your designs will look and perform
SOLIDWORKS provides the solution to create consumer products, shorten lead time, and reduce costly mistakes throughout your design process.
Consumer product design is one of the most challenging environments in which professionals must collaborate to create products that are both functional and desirable. In order to do this, the CAD system must have the ability to function as a design and documentation tool that offers robust capabilities, while maintaining ease-of-use. SOLIDWORKS Office Professional addresses the needs of design, engineering, and manufacturing, allowing them to share a common tool for collaboration throughout the design cycle.
CATI offers a variety of Technology Solutions for the Heavy Equipment Industry. Below we have listed some of our most popular options.
- 3D CAD – SOLIDWORKS Premium
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics – SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation
- Simulation and Design Validation – SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Kinematics/Dynamics – SOLIDWORKS Motion
- Cabling and Harness Design – SOLIDWORKS Routing
- Digital Mock-Up – PhotoView 360
- Documentation – SOLIDWORKS Composer
- PDM/PLM and Systems Integration – InFlow Technology
- Printing/Data Exchange/Publishing – Connexus
- Training & Support – CATI Comprehensive Training Program
- 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing – Stratasys
- Other Technology & Services – CATI offers numerous products not mentioned here, as well as services to help you implement your new technology. For more information, contact CATI.