Routed Systems Design Software and Fitting Library
SOLIDWORKS Routing software automates and simplifies the design of all types of piping, tubing, and electrical cabling systems. For designers that need to detail electrical cable and harness routes for manufacturing. Providing harness documentation capabilities that enhance productivity in the design of electrical subsystems.
Streamline designs of:
- Small facilities
- Anything else that requires routing tubes, pipes, electrical cables & harnesses.
Features & Benefits
Intuitive creation and modification of routed systems allows you to quickly and easily design pipe, tube, and electrical routes in your product designs.
Key Time Saving Tools
- Drag-and-drop placement, automatic sizing of components (parts or assemblies), copying and mirroring of routes, and auto-insertion of piping bends and elbows.
- Fast, easy 3D parametric modeling of tubing, piping, and electrical cable and harness systems within complex product or equipment designs.
- Auto-routing of tube, hose, and electrical cable and harness segments directly or through mounting clips and hangers.
- Time-saving library of ready-made tubing, piping, and electrical cabling and harnessing components.
- Automatic creation of engineering drawing and bills of materials with complete information, including cut lengths for pipe and tube routes.
- Specialized capabilities including creation of bend data files for CNC tube- and pipe bending machines and efficient creation of penetration cuts involving pipes and tubes.
- Easy reuse of data created with electrical CAD software and other tools when creating new cable and harness route designs, importing data conveniently in the Microsoft® Excel format.
Easy Generation of Cable and Harness Manufacturing Documentation
SOLIDWORKS Routing provides designers of electrical and electronic systems with additional timesaving tools for generating cable and harness manufacturing documentation
- Flattening of 3D electrical cable and harness routes in order to create drawings and related documentation easily and efficiently.
- Creation of automatic reports including wire list, wire summary, harness bills of materials, and harness connection information.
- SOLIDWORKS Routing uses the familiar SOLIDWORKS 3D mechanical design environment, so it’s quick and easy to use.
- Routed systems design is done in the same integrated package as equipment design.