3DEXPERIENCE PLASTICS simulates how melted plastic flows during the injection molding process to predict manufacturing-related defects on plastic parts in the fully CAD-integrated, cloud-compute environment of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. Users can quickly evaluate manufacturability while they design, to eliminate costly redesigns, improve part quality, and accelerate time-to-market. Plastic part designers can analyze and modify designs while optimizing for form, fit, and function. Mold tool designers can optimize the feed system, and cooling circuit designs. Specialist users can link to structural and process apps to tackle advanced workflows.
3DEXPERIENCE PLASTICS is built to handle complex mold layouts, runner systems, and cooling line layouts, providing you the detailed simulation analytics of complicated and costly manufacturing processes. You will be able to optimize design, materials, and process parameters and minimize cycle time, manufacturing, and rework costs.
Virtually test the performance of plastic part and mold tooling designs with an intuitive, guided simulation assistant that minimizes the learning curve.
A single solution covers the needs for all industries, all key workflows, and all user personas.
Predicts common molding defects including, weld-lines, sink marks, air traps and incomplete filling (short shots).
Predicts required injection pressures and tool clamping forces, enabling selection of an appropriate injection molding machine.
Evaluate the effectiveness of mold cooling system designs.
Take advantage of other 3DEXPERIENCE SIMULATION apps to tackle advanced workflows like non-linear multi-scale material modeling and design-of-experiments.
Includes 8 cores of on-premise/cloud compute access. Easily purchase cloud credits for access to more HPC power.
Learn more about adding powerful cloud simulation to your design process.
3DEXPERIENCE SIMULATION Buyer's Guide
The 3DEXPERIENCE SIMULATION portfolio brings structural, fluid, plastics, and electromagnetic simulation onto the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. Learn more about the solver capabilities and Platform integrations in this detailed brochure.
Key Features of 3DEXPERIENCE PLASTICS
Easy Workflows and Flexible Inputs
- Guided user interface with automated meshing allows for easy analysis setup
- Select contributing parts for cavities, injection system, and cooling system
- Integration with 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA Mold & Tooling app to directly access analysis-ready cooling layouts and runner systems
- Exclude runner and part geometry from warp analysis
- Access thermoplastic, thermoset, mold material, and mold coolant databases
- Access gate location adviser tool to obtain suggestions for gate placements
- Import cooling line layouts and runner systems designed in any CAD system
- Includes 8 cores of local/cloud compute access, with credits-based access to cloud HPC
Broad Simulation Capabilities
- Simulate filling, packing, mold cooling, and warpage phases of injection-molded plastic products
- Simulate advanced plastics manufacturing processes, including part insert overmolding, multi-shot overmolding, thermoset material molding, and powder metal injection molding (PIM)
- Run simulations independently using restart
- Analyze single-cavity, multi-cavity, and family mold layouts, including sprues, runners, and gates
- Analyze hot- and cold-runner systems
- Evaluate valve gated hot-runner systems
- Analyze mold cooling line layouts
- Detect weld lines, air traps, and sink marks defects
- Estimate cooling time, cycle time, clamp tonnage, and shot size
- Evaluate benefits of using localized mold cooling inserts
- Visualize filling animation
- Results for pressure, temperatures, shear rates, shear stresses, and many more critical aspects of the manufacturing process
- Share results in a web browser on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
3DEXPERIENCE Learning and Support
3DEXPERIENCE Learning Resources
3DEXPERIENCE is powerful and transformative software, so learning to make the most of it isn’t trivial. Thankfully, Dassault Systèmes and CATI provide plenty of resources on the path to proficiency:
- Official and custom-tailored classroom training
- Online training courses on the Learning Space
- CATI’s quick-response technical support
- Extensive official documentation
- Dassault Systèmes Knowledge Base of supplemental materials, technical articles, and support tickets
- CATI simulation mentorship programs
- CATI consultative methodology development
Why 3DEXPERIENCE with CATI?
Computer Aided Technology (CATI) has been implementing solutions on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform since 2012. No one has more experience when it comes to 3DEXPERIENCE Platform solutions, especially when it comes to implementing the platform with SOLIDWORKS or CATIA.
Critically, our simulation team consists of career power users of CFD software, including Abaqus/CFD, XFlow, and now 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation. Watch this video to learn more about why companies choose to partner with CATI for 3DEXPERIENCE solutions.
Get Started with 3DEXPERIENCE from CATI.
We’re ready to help figure out the right product development solution plan for you. Contact us today to get started with a quote, a trial, a demo, or just ask questions.