SOLIDWORKS 2016 Validation Enhancements
ANIMATE ASSEMBLY MOTION
New Mate Controller simplifies manipulation of assemblies with moving components, even those with many degrees of freedom, creating multiple solutions. Similar to a game controller, the new Mate Controller is an easy, intuitive way to create and animate complicated assembly motion.
- Maintain precise control of the position for various components
- Create as many positions as required to simulate how the mechanism will work
- Temporarily unlock mates so components can be visually positioned from the graphics area
- Communicate complex motion by easily calculating intermediate movements between positions
Downstream visualization of information is critical to engineering. eDrawings® improves collaboration and communication of designs throughout product development.
- Consistently measure with eDrawings to automatically use the same units as in the original document
- Quickly and easily navigate between documents with multiple view tabs
- Support all assembly annotations and 3D Views created in SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Visualize exploded states with animated viewing: manually explode or un-explode
- View component descriptions in the Components pane to easily understand an assembly
- More accurately view models with improved manipulation: “Zoomed in” – rotation is about the mouse pointer; “Zoomed out” – rotation is about center of the model rather than center of the scene