Class #: S203
SOLIDWORKS Drawings delivers a crucial addition to understanding the functionality and capabilities of the SOLIDWORKS mechanical design automation software. This course is specifically designed to focus on the 2D aspect of SOLIDWORKS. The goal is to take the solid models and assemblies from the 3D environment and represent them as engineering drawings.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn how to:
- Create drawing sheets with standard, projected, section, and detailed views of models and assemblies.
- Insert dimensions and annotations.
- Make sheet formats and drawing templates.
- Generate Bills of Material and various tables.
- Overcome display issues and use drawing references and comparison.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Drawings will prepare the drafter to efficiently communicate design intent through engineering documentation.
- Price: $795.00
- Professional Development Credits: 2
- Classroom: 2 sessions, 7 hours each
- Virtual Classroom: Not Available
Drawing Sheets and Views
- Part Preparations for Detailing
- Drawing Views and Settings
- Center Marks and Centerlines
- Adding Annotations
- Sheet Formats and Templates
- Title block areas
- Assembly Drawing Views
- BOMs and Design Tables
- Custom BOM templates
- Performance and Display Issues
- Large Assembly Mode
- Detached Drawings
- Changing Drawing References
- DimXpert and TolAnalyst
- Plus/Minus or Geometric tolerances for models
- Stacked Tolerance Analysis
The SOLIDWORKS Drawings training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will know how to utilize SOLIDWORKS to create 2D drawings of production level parametric models of parts and assemblies. They will be familiar with the SOLIDWORKS user interface as well as tools and techniques for creating quality 2D representations of 3D solid models. They will also gain skills to create and maintain custom drawing templates.
|October 11, 12, 2018||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cincinnati, OH||Register|
|October 15, 16, 2018||8:30 am - 4:30 pm - CST||St. Louis, MO||Register|
|October 22, 23, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|October 22, 23, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Albuquerque, NM||Register|
|October 23, 24, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|October 29, 30, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Appleton, WI||Register|
|October 29, 30, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|October 29, 30, 2018||8:30am - 4:30pm - CST||Kansas City, MO||Register|
|October 29, 30, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Denver, CO||Register|
|November 5, 6, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Rockford, IL||Register|
|November 12, 13, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|