Industrial Design Modeling
Class #: S431
Industrial Design Modeling is a project-based course designed by Computer Aided Technology that uses the most advanced features and techniques available in SOLIDWORKS to take a product from concept to molded plastic.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn how to:
- Plan a product design.
- Begin shaping the initial model from a "napkin sketch."
- Create 3D ergonomic surfaces from multiple sketches.
- Trim and blend multiple surfaces.
- Use advanced fillet applications.
- Evaluate draft and add draft where needed.
- Split, shell, and add ribs and fastening features to model.
Completion of Industrial Design Modeling will provide the user with the tools and techniques required to plan and execute an ergonomic model for injection molding.
- Price: $1195.00
- Professional Development Credits: 3
- Classroom: 3 sessions, 7 hours each
- Virtual Classroom: Not Available
- SOLIDWORKS Essentials
- SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling
- SOLIDWORKS Assembly Modeling
- SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling
Introduction to industrial design concepts
- Model planning
- Sketch and curve creation
- Advanced surface creation
- Transforming surfaces into solids
- Creating complex geometry using only solids
The SOLIDWORKS Industrial Design Modeling training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will know how to create complex shapes with SOLIDWORKS utilizing several different methods and a variety of SOLIDWORKS functionality. They will be able to more effectively determine the what methods are most appropriate for given modeling situations, as well as, understand what alternative methods can be used for geometry creation
|July 30, 31, August 1, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|September 12, 13, 14, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|October 22, 23, 24, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|November 14, 15, 16, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|