SOLIDWORKS Mold Design
Class #: S451
SOLIDWORKS Mold Design explores specialized commands used to create the solid bodies typically used in injection molding, die cast, or other mold-based manufacturing processes. This course will show the user how SOLIDWORKS uses a workflow to analyze and apply necessary drafts, build shutoffs, and core and cavity surfaces needed to create mold bodies.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn how to:
- Analyze a model for proper draft and apply draft.
- Use advanced surfacing techniques to prep a model for mold tooling creation.
- Build core and cavity mold tooling.
- Build side cores and pins.
- Use alternate techniques for tooling creation.
- Apply and reuse data common in most mold tools.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Mold Design will familiarize the user with the specialized commands associated with mold tools, giving them the ability to use its full functionality.
- Price: $995.00
- Professional Development Credits: 2
- Classroom: 2 sessions, 7 hours each
- Virtual Classroom: 4 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
- SOLIDWORKS Essentials
- SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling
- SOLIDWORKS Assembly Modeling
Core and Cavity Creation
- Importing and Repairing Geometry
- Multiple Parting Lines
- Parting Lines and Shut-off Surfaces
- Repairs and Surfaces
- Using Surfaces for Mold Design
- Reusable Designs
- Alternate Methods of Mold Design
- Making a Complete Mold
The SOLIDWORKS Mold Design training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
The student will gain an understanding of the different mold tools available within the core SOLIDWORKS product and will have a greater understanding of methods to create tools with multiple parting directions, fixing geometry to be used for mold tooling, and other advanced topics geared to mold design tools within SOLIDWORKS.
|October 25, 26, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||
|October 30, 31, 2018||9 am - 5 pm - CST||St Louis, MO||
|November 19, 20, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|November 26, 28, December 3, 5, 2018||10:00am - 1:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||
|November 28, 29, 2018||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|February 27, 28, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|March 5, 7, 12, 14, 2019||10:00am - 1:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||