SOLIDWORKS Mold Design Training
Classroom: 2 sessions, 7 hours each
Virtual: 4 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
Class #: S451
SOLIDWORKS Mold Design explores specialized commands used to create the solid bodies typically used in injection molding, die cast, or other mold-based manufacturing processes. This course will show the user how SOLIDWORKS uses a workflow to analyze and apply necessary drafts, build shutoffs, and core and cavity surfaces needed to create mold bodies.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn how to:
- Analyze a model for proper draft and apply draft.
- Use advanced surfacing techniques to prep a model for mold tooling creation.
- Build core and cavity mold tooling.
- Build side cores and pins.
- Use alternate techniques for tooling creation.
- Apply and reuse data common in most mold tools.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Mold Design will familiarize the user with the specialized commands associated with mold tools, giving them the ability to use its full functionality.
Surface Concepts and Imported Geometry
- Core and Cavity
- Side Cores and Pins
- Advanced Parting Line Options
- Creating Custom Surfaces for Mold Design
- Advanced Surfacing for Mold Design
- Alternative Methods for Mold Design
- Reusable Data
- Completing the Mold Base
The SOLIDWORKS Mold Design training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
The student will gain an understanding of the different mold tools available within the core SOLIDWORKS product and will have a greater understanding of methods to create tools with multiple parting directions, fixing geometry to be used for mold tooling, and other advanced topics geared to mold design tools within SOLIDWORKS.
- SOLIDWORKS Essentials
- SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling
- SOLIDWORKS Assembly Modeling
4 Upcoming Classes:
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.