Class #: S411
This course explores the best practices and techniques for importing and exporting 2D and 3D geometry into SOLIDWORKS. Students learn how to repair, manipulate, and utilize imported geometry to its full potential. This is an excellent course for users commonly importing non-native SOLIDWORKS files and users who need to work with legacy data in SOLIDWORKS.
- Price: $395.00
- Professional Development Credits: 1
- Classroom: 1 sessions, 7 hours
- Virtual Classroom: 2 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
Prereqs: SOLIDWORKS Essentials
Understanding different file types
- Recommended import and export file formats
- Utilizing 2D DXF/DWG Data
- Creating solid models from 2D data
- Importing 3D Geometry
- Import options
- Automatic diagnosis and repair tools
- Manual repair methods
- FeatureWorks - Automatic feature recognition
- FeatureWorks - Interactive feature recognition
The SOLIDWORKS Translation Techniques training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will gain skills such as diagnosing imported geometry, patching gaps, exporting and importing different data exchange formats and understanding the differences between these formats. Students will also have a strong understanding of several techniques to utilize their legacy data from other CAD packages in SOLIDWORKS.
|November 28, 30, 2017||12:00pm - 4:00pm - CST||Virtual Class||