Translation Techniques Training
Classroom: 1 sessions, 7 hours
Virtual: 2 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
Class #: S411
Translation Techniques is a course developed by Computer Aided Technology that dives into the multiCAD world. This course is an excellent for users importing neutral and native file types into SOLIDWORKS and users who commonly work with legacy data. This class explores the best practices and techniques for importing and exporting 2D and 3D geometry into SOLIDWORKS.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn:
- How to repair, manipulate, and utilize imported geometry to its full potential.
- What file types can be imported and exported.
- The best file types to import and why.
- Understand the different import and export options.
Completion of Translation Techniques, will familiarize the user with the translation process and how to utilize and manipulate those translated files.
Understanding different file types
- Recommended import and export file formats
- Utilizing 2D DXF/DWG Data
- Creating solid models from 2D data
- Importing 3D Geometry
- Import options
- Automatic diagnosis and repair tools
- Manual repair methods
- FeatureWorks – Automatic feature recognition
- FeatureWorks – Interactive feature recognition
The SOLIDWORKS Translation Techniques training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will gain skills such as diagnosing imported geometry, patching gaps, exporting and importing different data exchange formats and understanding the differences between these formats. Students will also have a strong understanding of several techniques to utilize their legacy data from other CAD packages in SOLIDWORKS.
2 Upcoming Classes:
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.