SOLIDWORKS Electrical: 2D & 3D Training
Class #: SE100
SOLIDWORKS Electrical: 2D & 3D will focus on the 2D Schematic software functionality to get you up to speed quickly to develop 2D schematics and wiring line diagrams. This course will also focus on the integration of SOLIDWORKS Electrical in 3D SOLIDWORKS. Day 3 of training is an optional day covering SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D.
During this instructor-led course, the user will learn how to:
- Use and create new Symbols to develop and detail electrical designs.
- Associate components with manufacturer part numbers.
- Draw PLC and Connector symbols using the dynamic tools in the software for automatic custom symbol drawing.
- Customize and produce documentation outputs such as Bills of Material and Wiring Connections.
- Run Design Rule Checks.
- Utilize macros to quickly reuse design content.
- Draw 2D panel layouts.
- Place components in 3D assemblies.
- Route wires and cables to quickly determine wire lengths.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical: 2D Schematic
- Project Templates
- Modifying Project Templates
- Drawing Types
- Symbols and Components
- Manufacturers Parts
- Wires and Equipotentials
- Symbol Creation
- Cross Referencing
- Managing Origin-Destination Arrows
- Dynamic Programmable Logic Control
- Automated Programmable Logic Control
- 2D Cabinet Layouts
- Design Rule Checks
SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D
The SOLIDWORKS Electrical training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will learn how to create schematics with line diagrams, cabling, and PLC controllers. Then be able to create control drawings and reports. With the information you learned from the Electrical 2D class and SOLIDWORKS Essentials, you will then create 3D presentations of your schematics using routing electrical.
- General understanding of electrical schematics.
- Working Knowledge of the SOLIDWORKS Application.
- General understanding of SOLIDWORKS assembly design.
9 Upcoming Classes:
|January 21, 22, 23, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Hurry! Almost Full|
|February 18, 19, 20, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Denver, CO||Register|
|February 25, 26, 27, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|April 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 2020||1:00pm - 3:00pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|April 14, 15, 16, 2020||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cincinnati, OH||Register|
|April 21, 22, 23, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|May 19, 20, 21, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|July 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 2020||1:00pm - 3:00pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|July 21, 22, 23, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.