SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation
Class #: C420
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation is structured to help the user or analyst use the Flow Simulation computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool to thoroughly study flow and/or thermal conditions associated with their 3D SOLIDWORKS models. This course uses a structured approach to the solution of typical flow fields involving liquid or gas internal and external flow including conjugate heat transfer. During this instructor-led course, students will learn:
- Solid model preparation to support CFD analysis.
- Finite volume meshing and refinement.
- Thermal analysis of enclosed devices such as electronics.
- Flow simulation over structures and through porous media.
- Rotating region setup to simulate fluid-moving devices.
- Laminar and turbulent flow of low and high Mach number conditions.
- Parametric studies and design optimization.
- Transfer of flow results to Simulation for subsequent finite element analysis.
Completion of SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation will help users become familiar and comfortable with the necessary commands, options and menus to generate successful CFD analyses on their designs.
- Price: $1195.00
- Professional Development Credits: 3
- Classroom: 2 sessions, 7 hours each
- Virtual Classroom: 4 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
- Some experience modeling with SOLIDWORKS
- Meshing principles
- Steady state and transient analysis
- Heat transfer
- Conjugate Heat Transfer
- Multiple fluids
- Customize database for units, materials (liquids,gases,solids)
- Fan curves
- Setting Engineering goals in a solution
- Porous media
- 2D planar flows
- Rotating frame of reference
- Parametric study
- Monitoring convergence
- Post-processing (vectors, contours, iso-lines, particle tracking)
The SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tool in SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation to improve their design cycles and their designs involving fluid flow.