SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional Training
Class #: C201
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional takes the user beyond the linear static stress analysis offered in the SOLIDWORKS Simulation course. Users will learn how to set up additional study types including: steady state and transient heat transfer analysis, modal analysis, stability based on buckling, parametric and topological optimization, and drop test impact studies. This course is also intended to make the user proficient in handling the powerful Simulation post-processor and demonstrates the seamless integration of Simulation and SOLIDWORKS.
The SOLIDWORKS Simulation prerequisite course, answers the question, is the part strong enough? SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional helps answer even more questions: "Is the design susceptible to resonance?", "Can mass be reduced without compromising strength?", "Will the structure buckle before it yields?", "How many load cycles can the design endures before it fails?". Utilizing case studies to illustrate these processes, the user will learn the necessary commands, options, and menus in the context of completing a design rather than focusing on individual features and functions. During this instructor-led course, students will learn:
- Setup of Frequency studies for parts and assemblies and the impact that loading makes to modal frequencies.
- Buckling analysis to check for structure stability.
- Load Case management to model multiple scenarios and the use of sub-modeling to refine the solution for parts found in large assemblies.
- How to optimize for weight/strength ratio with Topology or dimensional changes.
- Thermal analysis with convection, conduction, and radiation.
- Analyze components with cyclic loading using Fatigue studies.
- Use of Drop Test to ensure design holds up to impact loading.
- A pressure vessel case study to extract data that fulfills ASME standards. Completion of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional will prepare the user to efficiently analyze their designs using the multiple study types: steady state and transient heat transfer analysis, modal analysis, stability based on buckling, parametric and topological optimization, and drop test impact studies.
Frequency Analysis of Parts
- Frequency Analysis of Assemblies
- Buckling Analysis
- Load Cases
- Topology Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Thermal Analysis with Radiation
- Advanced Thermal Stress2D Simplification
- Fatigue Analysis
- Variable Amplitude Fatigue
- Drop Test Analysis
- Optimization Analysis
- Pressure Vessel Analysis
The SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will know how to use the simulation capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation
2 Upcoming Classes:
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.