SOLIDWORKS Simulation Training
Classroom: 3 sessions, 7 hours each
Virtual: 6 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
Class #: C102
SOLIDWORKS Simulation provides in-depth coverage of the basics of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). This course covers the analysis process from beginning to end, including mesh generation, how to mimic real-world boundary conditions, and evaluation of results for parts and assemblies. The course discusses linear stress analysis, gap/contact analysis, and best practices.
The focus of this course is to emphasize the processes and procedures to complete an analysis task. Utilizing case studies to illustrate these processes, students will learn the necessary commands, options, and menus in the context of completing a design rather than focusing on individual features and functions.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn:
- The six steps to completing a SOLIDWORKS Simulation study.
- Analysis of parts.
- Analysis of assemblies.
- Proper application of boundary conditions, including fixtures, loads, contacts, and connectors.
- All available mesh types and their application.
- Simulation best practices.
- Unique study types, including thermal stress analysis, simulation design scenarios, and large displacement analysis. Completion of SOLIDWORKS Simulation will prepare the user to efficiently create, analyze, and understand their Simulation studies, providing invaluable insight into their design.
The Analysis Process
- Mesh Controls, Stress Concentrations and Boundary Conditions
- Assembly Analysis with Contacts
- Symmetrical and Free Self-Equilibrated Assemblies
- Assembly Analysis with Connectors and Mesh Refinement
- Compatible / Incompatible Meshes
- Analysis of Thin Components
- Mixed Meshing Shells & Solids
- Beam Elements- Analysis of a Conveyor Frame
- Mixed Meshing Solids, Beams & Shells
- Design Study
- Thermal Stress Analysis
- Adaptive Meshing
- Large Displacement Analysis
The SOLIDWORKS Simulation training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tools in SOLIDWORKS Simulation to improve their designs.
- Some experience modeling with SOLIDWORKS
14 Upcoming Classes:
|May 6, 7, 8, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|May 15, 16, 17, 2019||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cleveland, OH||Register|
|June 19, 20, 21, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|June 24, 25, 26, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Albuquerque, NM||Register|
|July 15, 16, 17, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|July 15, 16, 17, 2019||9 am - 5 pm - MST||Denver, CO||Register|
|July 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, August 2, 2019||10:00am - 1:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|August 12, 13, 14, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|September 9, 10, 11, 2019||8:30 am - 4:30 pm - CST||St. Louis, MO||Register|
|September 18, 19, 20, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|September 23, 24, 25, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Albuquerque, NM||Register|
|October 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 2019||12:30pm - 4:00pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|October 14, 15, 16, 2019||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|October 21, 22, 23, 2019||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cincinnati, OH||Register|
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.