SOLIDWORKS Simulation Training
Class #: C102
SOLIDWORKS Simulation provides in-depth coverage of the basics of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). This course covers the analysis process from beginning to end, including mesh generation, how to mimic real-world boundary conditions, and evaluation of results for parts and assemblies. The course discusses linear stress analysis, gap/contact analysis, and best practices.
The focus of this course is to emphasize the processes and procedures to complete an analysis task. Utilizing case studies to illustrate these processes, students will learn the necessary commands, options, and menus in the context of completing a design rather than focusing on individual features and functions.
During this instructor-led course, students will learn:
- The six steps to completing a SOLIDWORKS Simulation study.
- Analysis of parts.
- Analysis of assemblies.
- Proper application of boundary conditions, including fixtures, loads, contacts, and connectors.
- All available mesh types and their application.
- Simulation best practices.
- Unique study types, including thermal stress analysis, simulation design scenarios, and large displacement analysis. Completion of SOLIDWORKS Simulation will prepare the user to efficiently create, analyze, and understand their Simulation studies, providing invaluable insight into their design.
The Analysis Process
- Mesh Controls, Stress Concentrations and Boundary Conditions
- Assembly Analysis with Contacts
- Symmetrical and Free Self-Equilibrated Assemblies
- Assembly Analysis with Connectors and Mesh Refinement
- Compatible / Incompatible Meshes
- Analysis of Thin Components
- Mixed Meshing Shells & Solids
- Beam Elements- Analysis of a Conveyor Frame
- Mixed Meshing Solids, Beams & Shells
- Design Study
- Thermal Stress Analysis
- Adaptive Meshing
- Large Displacement Analysis
The SOLIDWORKS Simulation training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tools in SOLIDWORKS Simulation to improve their designs.
- Some experience modeling with SOLIDWORKS
19 Upcoming Classes:
|January 27, 28, 29, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|February 3, 4, 5, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|March 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2020||1:00pm - 3:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|March 16, 17, 18, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|March 16, 17, 18, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Denver, CO||Register|
|April 6, 7, 8, 2020||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cleveland, OH||Register|
|April 13, 14, 15, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Albuquerque, NM||Register|
|April 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 2020||8:00am - 10:30am - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|April 27, 28, 29, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
|May 4, 5, 6, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - EST||Indianapolis, IN||Register|
|May 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2020||1:00pm - 3:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|June 1, 2, 3, 2020||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Cincinnati, OH||Register|
|June 8, 9, 10, 2020||8:00am - 4:00pm - CST||St Louis, MO||Register|
|June 15, 16, 17, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Brookfield, WI||Register|
|June 15, 16, 17, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Denver, CO||Register|
|July 13, 14, 15, 2020||8:30am - 4:30pm - EST||Louisville, KY||Register|
|July 20, 21, 22, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - MST||Albuquerque, NM||Register|
|July 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 2020||1:00pm - 3:30pm - CST||Virtual Class||Register|
|July 27, 28, 29, 2020||9:00am - 5:00pm - CST||Buffalo Grove, IL||Register|
Request a SOLIDWORKS Training
Can’t find a training class on our schedule? Can’t find dates or locations that work for you? Contact us and let us know your name, location preference, and the class or classes that you are interested in. We will contact you and create training dates that can work with your schedule.