The CSWA-AM exam is meant to be taken after the completion of the 10-part learning path training found on MySOLIDWORKS.com. The learning content is free, but the creation of a free MySOLIDWORKS account is needed in order to access the content.
Exam Length: 50 questions in 60 minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 80%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 30 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWA-AM exam. Also, a CSWA-AM exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and a personal listing on the CSWA directory* when they pass.
To learn more about the machines used in the lesson videos, click on the links on the right to visit the partner sites.
Topcs included in the exam:
- Material types
- Machine types and processes
- Design for printing considerations
- Part model preparationMachine preparation
- Post printing finishing
- Slicer software features and functionality
- Software based printing aid
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Other Associate Level Exams:
- CSWA – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate)
- CSWA – Electrical (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate – Electrical)
- CSWA – Sustainability (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate – Sustainability)
- CSWA – Additive Manufacturing (Certified Additive Manufacturing Associate)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.