To qualify to take the CSWE-S exam, a candidate must have:
- Successfully passed the CSWP exam
- Successfully passed the CSWA-S exam
- Successfully passed the CSWP-S exam
Expert level exams are meant to be the most challenging exams we offer, so therefore no sample exam is provided.
Re-Test Policy: If the exam is not successfully passed, you will have to wait 90 days to retake the exam.
Exam Length: 3 hours
Note: SOLIDWORKS 2017 and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium 2017 or later is required to take the exam, and so is the ability to unzip files.
Minimum Passing grade: 70%
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWE directory* when they pass..
The exam consists of 40 questions:
- 10 Hands-On questions (worth between 10 and 20 points each depending on their difficulty)
- 30 Multiple Choice questions (worth 2 points each)
Exam may feature questions and hands-on challenges in some of these areas:
- Linear stress
- Connectors (bolts, pins, springs)
- Shells, including Composite shells
- 2D simplification
- Resolving meshing problems
- Mesh convergence
- Steady state and transient thermal
- Thermal stress
- Resonance frequencies and mode shapes
- Drop test
- Linear buckling
- Linear dynamic (modal time history, harmonic, random vibration, response spectrum analysis)
- Nonlinear static
- Nonlinear dynamic
- Nonlinear buckling
- Assembly Configurations
- Results (stress, displacement, reaction force, connector force)
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.