SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard
Sample Exam: CSWP-CAM Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 3 Hours
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWP-CAM exam. Also, a CSWP-CAM exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2018 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files. The functionality needed for this exam is found in SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard..3
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Employers can be confident that an individual with this certification understands SOLIDWORKS CAM tools and functionality.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas based on SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard functionality:
- Technology Database
- Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR)
- Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR)
- Define Machine
- Define Stock
- Define Coordinate System
- Define Machinable Features
- Simulate Toolpaths
- Post Process Toolpaths
- Extract Machinable Features
- Generate Operation Plan
- Generate Toolpaths and NC Code
- Modify Tools
- Machining Parameters
- Design Changes
- Create avoid and contain areas
- Save Operation Plan
- Operation Modification
- Interactive 2.5 Axis Mill Operations
- Machining Operations:
- Rough Milling
- Finish (Contour) Milling
- Face Milling
- Center Drilling
- Multi-step Hole
- Corner Round and Chamfer Machining
- Machine using Waterjet, Plasma or Laser
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.