SOLIDWORKS Essentials, SOLIDWORKS Drawings, Advanced Part Modeling and Advanced Assembly Modeling.
Exam Length: 3 hours 30 minutes (All segments total – view segments below)
Minimum Passing Grade: 75% in each segment (view segments below)
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the same CSWP Segment exam. Also, an exam credit for that CSWP Segment must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2015 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWP directory* when they pass.
Standard SOLIDWORKS tools that may be covered in the exam include:
- Sketch entities – lines, rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses, centerlines
- Sketch tools – offset, convert, trim
- Sketch relations
- Boss and cut features – extrudes, revolves, sweeps, lofts
- Fillets and chamfers
- Hole Wizard
- Linear, circular and fill patterns
- Linked dimensions
- Feature conditions – start and end
- Multi-body parts
- Feature scope
- Mass properties
- Move/Delete face
- Inserting components – new and existing
- Standard mates and advanced mates
- Reference geometry – planes, axis, mate references
- In-context features
- Interference detection
- Suppression states
- Move/Rotate component
- Assembly features
- Collision detection in an assembly
- External references
- Design tables
- Dimensions and model items
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Segment 1: (90 Minutes)
- Create a part from a drawing
- Use linked dimensions and equations to aid in modeling
- Use of equations to relate dimensions
- Update of parameters and dimension sizes
- Mass property analysis
- Modification of geometry on initial part to create a more complex part
Segment 2: (40 Minutes)
- Creating configurations from other configurations
- Changing configurations
- Mass properties
- Changing features of an existing SOLIDWORKS part
Segment 3: (80 Minutes)
- Creating an assembly
- Adding parts to an assembly
- Doing collision detection when moving a part in an assembly
- Replacing a part with another part in an assembly
- Creating a coordinate system
- Using a coordinate system to perform mass properties analysis
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.