Sample Exam: CSWPA – Drawing Tools Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 100 Minutes
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWPA-DT exam. Also, a CSWPA-DT exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2010 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas of SOLIDWORKS Drawing functionality:
- Basic View Creation
- Section Views
- Auxiliary Views
- Alternate Position Views
- Relative to Model Views
- Broken-out Section
- View Focus when creating 2D geometry
- Transferring sketch elements to/from Views
- BOM Table creation and modification:
- Top level
- Part configuration grouping
- Missing items
- Accessing custom properties in BOM
- Using equations with BOM data
- Item numbers and their display
- Hide/show components
- Linked notes
- Importing Model Items
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Sheet Metal (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced -Sheet Metal)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.