SOLIDWORKS Essentials, SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal
Sample Exam: CSWPA – Sheet Metal Exam Guide & Practice Test
Exam Length: 2 Hours
Minimum Passing Grade: 75%
Re-Test Policy: There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWPA-SM exam. Also, a CSWPA-SM exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
Note: A new version of the Sheet Metal exam in English has been released and requires the use of SOLIDWORKS 2011 or later. For now, all non-English versions of the test will still be the older Sheet Metal exam (2006 – 2010 version). Excel should also be installed on the computer you are running SOLIDWORKS to ensure that your Gauge Table functionality works properly for the exam.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and a personal listing on the CSWP directory* when they pass.
Employers can be confident that an individual with this certification understands the set of SOLIDWORKS tools that aid in the design of sheet metal components.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas of SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metal functionality:
- Linear Edge Flange
- Curved Edge Flange
- Miter Flange
- Closed Corner
- Gauge Tables
- Bending calculation options
- Bend Allowance
- Bend Deduction
- Sketched Bend
- Forming Tool
- Unfold and Fold
The following topics will also be included on the SOLIDWORKS 2011 version of the exam:
- Convert to Sheet Metal Feature
- Hem Improvements
- Sheet Metal Cut List Properties
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.
**Login required for access. Full access requires an active Subscription Service contract.
Other Professional Level Exams:
- CSWP – Mechanical Design (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional)
- CSWP – Simulation (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation)
- CSWPA – Weldments (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Weldments)
- CSWPA – Surfacing (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Surfacing)
- CSWPA – Mold Making (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Mold Tools)
- CSWPA – Drawing Tools (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced – Drawing Tools)
- CSWP – MBD (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Model Based Design)
- CSWP – CAM (Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional CAM)
- CPPA (Certified PDM Professional Administrator)
- For all questions regarding registration, preparation, taking the exams, and finding your certification paper, (click here). You must have your customer login in place to view all the available information. Click this link, then click on the Create a SOLIDWORKS ID to create a customer account if you have not. Once created you will be able to find all the information needed to take your requested exams.
- If your company is on SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services, you are eligible to receive vouchers for free SOLIDWORKS Certification exams. Click here for details.
- Once you have purchased your exam, the certification center is found here. Download the TesterPro client once logged in. From there, you can enter your exam code and begin.