Support your design team with tools and resources to help them work faster and smarter. As a SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service Program member, you receive automatic upgrades to the latest versions of your licensed SOLIDWORKS software for design, simulation, technical communication, or data management; live technical support from your local authorized Value-Added Reseller (VAR); and software enhancements designed for Subscription Service members. You also gain access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal—a web-based hub for all of your SOLIDWORKS software products and resources. The SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service Program automatically gives you the support you need so you can focus on what matters most—transforming your product development into business success.
Local technical support
Access live technical support provided by Computer Aided Technology, a local authorized SOLIDWORKS reseller, including; telephone assistance with product features, menu commands, installation issues, and troubleshooting.
SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal
Gain full access to an expansive, easy-to-search, web-based repository of in-depth information and resources, designed to maximize your productivity, including:
Service Requests (SRs)
Send incident reports directly to Technical Support for quick resolution. View status updates using assigned SR tracking numbers.
Software Performance Reports (SPRs)
Submit incident reports of confirmed software issues to our Development team. View status updates using assigned SPR tracking numbers and monitor issue resolution in documented service packs.
Find answers to your questions quickly and conveniently. Access a powerful search engine to explore our extensive library of technical documentation, such as Solutions, Help Topics, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Influence the development of future SOLIDWORKS products by telling us what you need. Based on requests, we introduce new enhancements and functionality with each new software release.
Access all of our archives, from webcasts and Tech Tips to administrative guides and technical presentations.
Connect with other members of the SOLIDWORKS Community. Participate in a broad range of discussion topics on virtually all facets of SOLIDWORKS software and design development applications.
FAQs – SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services
What is SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services?
SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services give your organization access to valuable software releases, service packs, and value added resources provided by DS SOLIDWORKS Corp., as well as a variety of technical resources supplied by a global network of SOLIDWORKS authorized value-added resellers (VARs). Subscription Services enable you to participate more actively as a member of the global community of SOLIDWORKS users.
What is included in Subscription Services?
- Automatic upgrades to the most up-to-date versions of SOLIDWORKS software, including major releases and service packs.
- Live telephone support provided by your local SOLIDWORKS value-added reseller (VAR).
- Full access to the Customer Portal where you can download software enhancements; access the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base; receive tech tips; report and track service requests; view archived Webcasts and much more.
- SOLIDWORKS enhancement request privileges.
- Free listing in the SOLIDWORKS Manufacturing Network for qualified service companies.
For a comprehensive list of entitlements view the Subscription Services datasheet.
Why should I purchase Subscription Services?
Enrolling in Subscription Services helps you get the most out of your SOLIDWORKS software because access to the latest product releases and expert technical support saves you time and money. Improved software performance, innovative new product features, live technical support and 24 hour electronic technical support helps keep you focused on what matters most designing great products.
How do I purchase Subscription Services?
The easiest way to order SOLIDWORKS Subscription Services is to contact your local VAR. If you are unsure who your VAR is, please contact SOLIDWORKS and we will assist you.
How do I receive new releases and service packs?
Software releases are mailed directly to you or you can download them. Service Packs are also available online for download via the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
What languages are supported?
SOLIDWORKS Software is available in thirteen languages. Live technical support is provided by your local VAR which helps insure you receive support in your region’s local language.
What is included in technical support?
Technical support comes in two forms:
- Live support includes live technical support from your local SOLIDWORKS value-added reseller (VAR) who has been trained and certified by SOLIDWORKS to help you trouble shoot an array of technical issues.
- Electronic support includes an abundance of resources all accessible online through the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal. Electronic support includes access to the Knowledge Base, tech tips, help files, tech alerts, web casts, SR reporting and tracking, enhancement requests, and much more.
How do I access technical support?
The quickest way to access technical support is to either access the Customer Portal or call MCAD Technologies. It’s that simple.
What is the Customer Portal?
The Customer Portal is a web-based hub for SOLIDWORKS resources including:
- The latest versions of SOLIDWORKS software and service pack updates
- A Knowledge Base and wide range of technical documents, such as Help, Tech Tips, Macros, and Best Practices
- Ability to make enhancement requests
- View your service requests
- View your SPR’s
- Edit your customer profile
- Participate in a moderated discussion forum